I'm not paying my way out of this one!

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,145 Level 5

After I was having such a great time playing the Winter Cup, passing 550 levels in the past week to win my leaderboard - (And I was nearly going to comment on how much fun playing Candy Crush can be! ) Suddenly the game holds me up at this ridiculous level. I have spent all my lives now. Clearly you need a very lucky board to pass this and giving me this starting board I can already see it's not going to be the one. If they think I 'm going to pay for extra moves here they can stuff their game where it belongs. I'm ready to give up on my 200+ Champions Race win streak rather than pay for extra moves on this one, on principle. This level is just so obviously rigged to fail.

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,112 Legend
    Options

Sometimes you need a lollipop and sometimes you need to spend gold to win a level @christinewupp. I know you fully understand this is how the game works so I struggle to understand why you are holding on to 1168 gold bars. Win Streak or no Win Streak with that amount of gold I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

• messenabout
    messenabout Posts: 307 Pro Player 👑
    edited February 19
    Options

@christinewupp 1168 gold bars! You got them, use them! I don't know how you amassed that many anyway. I use them as fast as I get them lol. In fact I use them before I even have them (paying for real!)

@Alienscar And yeah I definitely know how this game is played but it still burns me nonetheless.

Use your bars man! That's what they're for! Especially after 200 plus levels! I can't believe you didn't do it. I can't think of a more perfect time to use them. What will you use them for? I'm curious. (You could always send some to me!)

I never participated because I was stuck on a ridiculous level and knew that I would not advance in time to qualify for anything or win anything so I just didn't bother.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,145 Level 5
    Options

Perhaps I am just burnt out after all that weekend crushing, and during the Winter Games I would have spent the gold to pass this one.

@messenabout I have used about 13,000 gold bars up to level 5478! I have won almost every episode race so I can calculate how much I have won. I have used almost all of that gold on buying the various boosters from the inventory (except party poppers, I never use those) and only as a last resort do I use gold to play on, only if I am on a top win streak and can see that I will pass with the 5 extra moves offered.

I find level 5478 particularly aggaravating because win streak or starting boosters do absolutely nothing to pass this one nor does there appear to be a way using lollipops, stripes or even just a single UFO. Normally a level will allow a player to pass using the right booster strategy, but not this one. The only strategy for this one seems to be to wait for the game to offer you enough extra moves, that is just not how I like to play the game. It is neither challenging nor satisfying.

Anyhow, all is good, I did pass it to keep my champions race win streak. I used my half hour free lives from today's green candy collection event and then kept at it until I got a "nearly lucky" board, then managed to do it using two hand switches and a hammer.

Taking a rest from the game now!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?