Spending WAYYY too much $$ almost always for needing EXTRA MOVES

Options
sassyjessi81
sassyjessi81 Posts: 13 Level 2

Please are there tricks to earning more gold quickly and without ALWAYS having to purchase??? I swear I'm not being cheap, I have spent a crazy amount the past several days Since I dove back into Candy Crush Saga... My bank account needs a break or at least a little assistance!!

TYIA ~~Jesa

Best Answer

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 151,053 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

There are various events and features in the game to get gold bars and you can earn gold bars by completing those targets.

You can also win gold bars for your game for free from King Community, but for that you need to join and win our community contests.

Please follow the link below to get the current contests.Here

Answers

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 151,053 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

There are various events and features in the game to get gold bars and you can earn gold bars by completing those targets.

You can also win gold bars for your game for free from King Community, but for that you need to join and win our community contests.

Please follow the link below to get the current contests.Here

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,989 Legend
    Options

@sassyjessi81 You state that you went "back" to Candy Crush Saga. Does this mean you used to play years ago and have returned to the game? If you have you will find that the game has changed very much and it has become much harder to pass levels at all the level ranges than it used to be one or two years ago. King have altered the game play to "encourage" players to spend real money. Please don't spend more than you can afford, because this game can now be a bottomless pit if you are not careful. It is NOT the game it used to be.

• bboop1108
    bboop1108 Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options

I have been on level 520 for two weeks! It is not possible to pass it without extra moves! I have been hacked on my credit card here! Had to change everything because i bought bars! So pissed! Not fun anymore! Used to like this game! Now just give lives to everyone on my friends list so at least they might pass levels! Just frustrating to lose over 100 times! This stinks!

• sassyjessi81
    sassyjessi81 Posts: 13 Level 2
    Options

Thank You! It is quite different than it was when Facebook was the New "MYSPACE" and Candy Crush and Farmville (the originals) were how I stayed interested in the new platform (FB) long enough to power through the change over lol. It has certainly become far more attention holding and definitely competitive triggering, ie the algorithms have improved 10 fold. That being said; in one way Yay for progress and a game that I really can be distracted by (so needed occasionally) for a chunk of time here and there (not an easy find for me, I'm a bit more than a bit NueroDivergent, sustainable leaaure interests and distractions are too few) so I do appreciate the continued development and King's successfully providing a game that really hooks me and pulls me in. On the other hand the newer algorithms are almost too attuned, as it is clear and noticable the difference in game play when the player makes regular purchases vs. not making purchases all the way down too frequency (ie how often, after how many attempts, what is needed and purchase thresholds) it's not difficult to see the game patterning to the purchasing habits of a spending payer. I obviously under business and product and the ultimate desire to make revenue on a provided product, unfortunately I feel the "squeeze" is on and over bearing far more than is sustainably pleasurable in a gaming format. I'm in the high 700's of Winter Saga and (my own fault I went a little all in $chaching$ too quickly and with too rapidly repeating buys for a couple days) I am now at a point where I can almost bet (no pun intended) just about every 3rd board literally CANNOT be passed without extended/extra moves and or the bigger/pricier boosters. Super frustrating and, IMO unnecessarily greedy on King's part... Now that being said I started Soda Saga a few days ago and have had a completely different experience, haven't spent a dime and ame offered WAY more opportunities to earn little extras here and there and several big bones/lives/boosters a day also... So maybe I just got unlucky on a rabbit hole into Winter Saga.... I will keep at it 'em both for a while as it would appear I've quickly gotten really into them, but yeah I have ixneighed on the in app purchases for the time being. I am SOOOO curious to know how much the players up in the thousands levels have spent out of pocket 🤔🤔 no judgement, just genuinely curious. Anyhow, thank you for your response and caring for my budget (eeeek 😵) we all need that "slot machine reality check" (I call it) sometimes!! Also sorry for such a novel of a reply, Data Gathering and Analysis on an entirely different plane (ABA therapy) is my field so I guess when I can see paterns SO OBVIOUS in algorithms and whatnot I tend to nerd out on it! 😂

I'm certain my point was somewhere in there to say than you and definitely give Soda Crush a go if the regular saga has you stuck or frustrated, so far it seems more player reward focused. 😉

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?