What are those levels 15,000 -16,000+ really like to play?

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,051 Level 5

I need some advice from my community friends here. I have an as yet unsaved game on my phone which I started in January. Originally I'd planned to use it to test out how far I can get in All Stars with it but I cannot play the knock-out stages due to the timings, and anyway I still have my iPad game for that. So I am wondering, is it worth logging back in to my abandoned game at level 15,000 with it? I gave that one up due to boredom and frustration because levels 14,000 to 15,000 were so repetitve, unimaginative and full of blockers and I could not think of anything to do but bash the boards with UFOs and Party Poppers.

So I have a ton of boosters and gold to buy more boosters now and from experience I know these boosters will be transferred if I log into my original game with this unsaved game. But there is no turnign back, so is it worth playing on at the top? I know that some of you are still playing the latest levels @cookiemae @Scooterpie @Carol-38 @MonicaYellow @Peter_Tornaros @Rhonda_L

Are you all still enjoying the game? Is there a way to beat those levels using strategy or is it just a matter of bashing about with party poppers? How many boosters do you tend to use to beat these levels? Is there any improvement after level 15,000?

Comments

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 1,992 Level 5
    Options

It is all downhill @christinewupp after Level 15,000. Impossible to beat levels without using a ton of boosters. I try to avoid using party poppers, but sometimes I have no choice. @Scooterpie is the expert at not using these.

I mainly use UFOs, hand switches and hammers. Always start with the 3 boosters and a full candy necklace. All of these are needed to beat most levels that are crammed with multi layered blockers.

The game is totally boring. I mainly use the new levels to complete the Chocolate Box and the side games that appear most days. These are where my interest now lies.

If I ever run out of boosters and gold bars, I will quit the game.

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 10,880 Level 5
    Options

I'd like to say 1st Christine @christinewupp like Peter I will stop playing when/if I run out of boosters and gold bars. I only have 2 party boosters that were rewards, don't use my gold to get them, uses too many, and I'm hanging on to them just so that I can say I've got some. Now re the levels, yes a lot I did need to use boosters on, some were really surprising though, I passed after only a few moves and was shocked. Again there were some passable using strategy but also a lot that had a ridiculous amount of blockers. I changed my strategy a long time ago, now don't play unless I have enough time, boosters and gold to pass and win an Episode for the gold (Ahhhh now only 35) but I personally still enjoy the challenge and being able to put my Moaning Minnie Pinny on now and again. We are all different so not sure how you would feel. I have no interest whatsoever in All Stars so will just keep concentrating on playing my own game. So the bottom line is, yes for the majority you will need boosters and or extra moves. Not sure if any of that was helpful 🤔

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,854 Level 5
    Options

Greetings @christinewupp! Yes, I very much still enjoy the game. While my strategy has changed over the years well, so has the game. Boosters are necessary on the higher levels, at least I use them, but then I have always wanted to have, use and save boosters. Boosters maybe were not needed as much in years way past but then there were hardly any opportunities to collect boosters when the game first started? That is when I began saving.

I find that I use more boosters than brains when I am in a hurry. Almost used a party booster yesterday on Episode 3, probably should have! It is a puzzle game and sometimes I think that I do not attack it the right way?

Anyway bottom line, enjoy the game your way. Some players like the competition of a tournament or some of us like to sorta play our own version of the game more to ourselves. I like talking with other players, doing my CCS game and making memes.

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 617 Level 3
    Options

@christinewupp Hi.I really wasn't sure how to answer your question. I believe I have been in a test group for at least a few years. My game is definitely not the same as yours or people that post on this forum. For me at the top of the game it is very passable without boosters. When I do use them I use hands. If I were you just go ahead and give it another try.

• christinewupp
    Options

Thank you all for your valued input and advice!

@cookiemae I'm not so sure any more about your theory. About six months ago that is what I was thinking must be the reason how you so enjoy your game when all of us were so frustrated by it, but now I wonder if it isn't just that you have the experience and intuition to understand how to play the game! When you get to the levels above 10,000 with your second game we will find out.

The same probably holds true for all of you at the top of the game. In the past six months I have done so many tests and they have been an eye opener. For one thing, my non cheating test game has been an astounding success: I am nearly at level 6000 after about six months play and it's been fun. I am holding on at a gold balance of over 1200 gold with it and I ask myself why. Also some of the input from @Pyrolight about how certain moves trigger a switch in the algorithms from "fail" to "pass" has been an eye opener and I now think that is the key to enjoying Candy Crush and playing successfully. Players who know what the game wants us to do, which booster to play at what point, can enjoy the game I think. Whether that strategy will work for me at levels 15,000+ remains to be seen, of course. I will give it a go and try to use my boosters wisely and see how I get on. Thank you all!

• Carol-38
    Options

Hi Christine @christinewupp as a couple of examples, and the 1st example has made me put my Moaning Minnie Pinny on. 40 moves and no way could I complete it. We moaned for ages about King constantly reducing moves a week or 2 after the new levels release. They obviously listened to that but instead of just giving the extra moves decided to add extra boosters to keep levels impossible.

This one with 33 moves was actually enjoyable and I still had moves left once done, without using boosters.

1st Episode done, still 35 gold bars for me winning, but I did get an advert to watch giving me 1 more gold bar.

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,854 Level 5
    Options

@cookiemae you really made me think hard on this one. A few years back when @Pounawea was still here, and part of time period of @Crazy Cat Lad, I was having basically not much of a problem passing the new levels without boosters or not many. I really did not know how to respond to the threads then, a lot of players were very disenchanted by the game, so you do not know what to say? In fact, the whole time that I have been here in the community a lot of players have been irritated with the game. I have been in the community for over 6 years.

I wonder if I was getting better levels than some players back then or if now because I am used to having a full Candy Necklace, I perhaps am not being quite as skillfull? Nonetheless, using boosters is fun you know!

P.S. Of course you must play new levels again Christine! ฅ՞•ﻌ•՞ฅ

• christinewupp
    edited March 8
    Options

Well my friends, I have done it! My poppy game is back and has come with some great surprises.

Firstly, as expected, all my lovely boosters transferred from my unsaved game at level 2000, which was a relief. My gold bars from the old poppy game were still there, as were all my friends and surprisingly many of them are still playing. For the first time I get the player card now, so I can see who is still active. All my events stayed the same as I had had in my unsaved level 2000 game and my badge hasn't upgraded. But to my surprise the Gold Club race suddenly showed up, late with easy competitors, and so I won it with quite a humble score!

But the real surprise was how "easy" they have made these levels. My memory of the late 14,000s was that every single level had just 20 moves! Now almost every level has 35 or over! I was wondering if the game was being kind to me because I was gone for so long, but it isn't that at all! I checked out one level (15045) on YouTube. 5 months ago it had 24 moves, 2 months ago 21 moves. But there is a video from 1 month ago that, like myself, has 35 moves! Strange..... I think they've made levels easier all around? That really is a pleasant surprise.

• Carol-38
    Options

Don't be fooled Christine, as I showed in my post above levels have more moves, but they also have a lot more blockers.

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 617 Level 3
    Options

@Scooterpie It's nice to see that in some way you understand my thoughts about the feed. Having to be able to pass levels easily with no boosters in such high levels and posting that info brings about conflict in the feelings of the posters here that are already very irritated by the game. I'm sure out of the millions of players of the game there are millions that enjoy and pass levels with no issues and not paying to play. Those people are not on this feed. I decided to not view this forum because of all the negativity and misinformation that's posted but heck I view it everyday. Lol

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?