🎲 Dice of Destiny - We Need Your Feedback!

Options

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,336 Legend
    Options
  • Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 883 Level 3
    edited March 14
    Options
    I haven't had the chance to try it yet as I don't have it

Haha everything is an actual test... Until it isn't

Ya I can't argue with that one haha.

Didn't realise it had vanished on people. Things vanishing isn't new and not confined to test features. Most leaderboard events get complaints about them disappearing and Sam's Streak is still vanishing mid event.

That does actually dip into my last bit and your comment about King being bad at this. I have seen this myself with the streak and the gold bot thing. They did return a next time I opened the game but had been modified. I think only the sweetling full on vanished for me.

That is sort of the other half of it, my pondering if it is not events assigned to groups but groups assigned to events, or even "test" individuals move around from group to group. Something just seems a tiny bit off about the whole thing.

I don't know about Nov, but you have just described every feature of Candy Crush in the few years that I have been playing. Jelly Jars, Power Pop's, Super Colour Bomb, Magic Shuffler, different versions of the Treat Machine and other features I can't remember now all went through this 'slow' release (possibly a test).

... Jelly jars... Anyway In this case I am generally thinking of ones that have a small release group and go p00f (come on guys p00f?), more so than wider releases, sorta more a closed beta vs open beta test. One of these days we will figure it out... even if it means kidnapping someone at King (I am joking)

Vanishing features don't indicate a test it just indicates King don't know what they are doing. The Hub for the All Stars isn't a test, but it has disappeared on me twice now.

Ya hard to argue with that one. I am wondering if it is the first phase of something larger behind the scenes. Basically they are testing that out with some groups which is off and on breaking the Hub itself. I can forgive King a bit with this one especially if the devs working on it were not the ones who built whatever code it depends on. God forbid they are trying to build in something the base code was never designed to handle or otherwise breaks the "rules".

Does not explain the rest of it, but I think the hub is going to be, unless they realize it will never be stable, something more than what we currently see. A fair bit of fanfaire for nothing all that special

• Pyrolight
    Options

Ya I hate getting a ton of animations or events and stuff pop up when you have the steak wins or daily wins.

• KyshA72
    KyshA72 Posts: 893 Level 3
    Options
    I love it! It's a fantastic addition to the game

Voted

Game id 5217847776

• CoonMa
    CoonMa Posts: 656 Level 3
    Options
  • Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 722 Level 4
    Options

Voted - any opportunity to get boosters works for me 😊

• Alienscar
    edited March 15
    Options

That is sort of the other half of it, my pondering if it is not events assigned to groups but groups assigned to events, or even "test" individuals move around from group to group. Something just seems a tiny bit off about the whole thing.

Yeah tough one that @Pyrolight. Personally I think it is 'test' individuals assigned to test groups. I say this because it used to be that it was always the same people on here posting about new features first.

Anyway In this case I am generally thinking of ones that have a small release group and go p00f 

That was the point I was trying to make. Nothing you are seeing now is that different to what has happened before. The Power Pop and Magic Shuffler were both released in this manner. I had them for a week then they disappeared. Then other people got them. Then they came back to my game slightly different until they disappeared for good.

The only difference between those features and these new ones is that I think you are right about the seasonal aspect of them. That is, I think instead of a test they are what you say they are, a seasonal feature and that is why they are disappearing so fast.

In other words I don't think what we are seeing now is a test like the Speed Up button obviously was.

Does not explain the rest of it, but I think the hub is going to be, unless they realize it will never be stable, something more than what we currently see. 

You know the Hub isn't new, right? The Hub worked fine last year and what you see is what you get. It is not going to be anything better unless we see changes due to QueenB's current poll. I really can't fathom how they have managed to break a working feature.

even if it means kidnapping someone at King (I am joking)

Seems little point in that as they plainly haven't got a clue as to what is going on. 😉

• chichi012
    chichi012 Posts: 10 Level 2
    edited March 16
    Options

*Edited by CM: Oops! Please repost in English so everyone can understand - Our House Rules 

• Alienscar
    Options

Jokes aside it is shockingly easy if the feature was intended to do a very specific set of stuff and an "ideas person" decides it should do something else as well. 

Well that's the thing as broken as the Hub is this year it doesn't seem to offer anything different to last year's Hub

• Pyrolight
    Options

That was the point I was trying to make. Nothing you are seeing now is that different to what has happened before. The Power Pop and Magic Shuffler were both released in this manner. I had them for a week then they disappeared. Then other people got them. Then they came back to my game slightly different until they disappeared for good.

The only difference between those features and these new ones is that I think you are right about the seasonal aspect of them. That is, I think instead of a test they are what you say there are actually a seasonal feature and that is why they are disappearing so fast.

Ah I see what you mean now.

You know the Hub isn't new, right? The Hub worked fine last year and what you see is what you get. It is not going to be anything better unless we see changes due to QueenB's current poll. I really can't fathom how they have managed to break a working feature.

Nope, assumed it was new due to the announcement and the self congratulatory way it is presented.

As to breaking an working feature... Basic feature, round hole. Manager: I want to put this oversized square peg in it. Developer: *dies a little inside.

Jokes aside it is shockingly easy if the feature was intended to do a very specific set of stuff and an "ideas person" decides it should do something else as well. Then you have a manager decide that it will be faster to retrofit the existing feature rather than make a new one... which ends up delaying everything because it does not work and you have to build the new version of the feature anyway.

Personal experience as a dev on the above :D

What in this post possibly needed approval?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?