Competition ends

Options
pomodrillo72
pomodrillo72 Posts: 8 Level 2

The playing times of the tournaments were not managed correctly, it was necessary to have qualifiers divided by continents. In Europe the European competitors and in America the competitors from the American continent, because those who live in America will have more time to finish the game as they will be able to see the points levels of those who are in Europe and will be able to continue playing in the evening while the Europeans are asleep

Comments

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 884 Level 3
    Options

Both places will play when they are awake and not play when they sleep.

If you work, Europe would be able to start sooner and would end sooner. The US would start later and end later. Neither group gets more hours.

If you don't work or took the time off, it is utterly irrelevant anyway.

Basically if you are playing to win by a narrow margin… that is your choice. Basically you should be 4-8 hours ahead of the working crowd. Also since groups fill up as people start, you likely will be with your own timezone if you don't start in the first 5 minutes.

• pomodrillo72
    Options

I know that the time available is the same for everyone, but those who live further west, starting from the available hours for the tournament, can have better management to play the last hours before the end of the qualifying round, in fact in my group I I'm the only European among the top, currently second

• amr1124
    amr1124 Posts: 23 Level 2
    Options

Ads are probably the most favorable factor to a player's ability to win. Everyone has different work schedules (if at all) and the same amount of time to play. No time zone is more beneficial.

• Cowboy1983
    Cowboy1983 Posts: 39 Level 2
    Options

Trust me, I dont plan to sleep for 30 hours in round 2!

• pomodrillo72
    Options

Now in my country it's 00.43 AM and tomorrow morning at 9 AM round 1cwill end, at moment I'm 1th but second are in USA and when I go to sleep he/she can play in evening till when he will have overtaken me, I'll either stay up all night or I'll find out tomorrow morning if I'm still first and if I'll have time to try to catch up...then if second is on the west coast he'll be even more at an advantage. in my group I am the only European among the top players, the other players are all from North or South America, I repeat, the rounds should be managed by common time zone in the same round

• amr1124
    edited April 23
    Options

If you're a good enough player, it hardly matters. I've been in first the entire round and didn't even play the last 24 hours. I also spent no gold or money. Like I said, the ads and groups you get into matter the most.

• Cowboy1983
    Options

Does making 2.5 millions points in 3 days make me good? On day 1, I was over 1.5 million but I played for 23 hours straight. After that, I was in lead and I just kept played until I got past the hard levels. Now I have easy levels for the next 36 levels so points should be eady for me tomorrow. I am in the U.S.

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 884 Level 3
    Options

That is the thing, not everyone can start when the event starts due to time zones. It was what I was getting at.

Beyond that it really makes no difference. The top 10 will be ones that spend the whole time grinding negating time zones.

• amr1124
    edited April 24
    Options

From what I've seen, your group is a fairly competitive one. If you're curious to see the sampling, there's a thread on reddit where everyone discusses the points on their board currently. There are a lot below a million. I'd say a fair amount of players wouldn't be able to get to your score without spending money (based on the many that have complained about having to spend to get to that score).

There's not really great players so much as great strategizers. For example, I will play continuously when I have ads for boosters before a level and ads for extra moves once I lose a level. When I don't have those, I will watch the cinema ads for boosters. If I'm on a winning streak and lose, I will not use gold just to continue the streak. I know that a lot of times if I just retry a level, the set up will be more favorable to win.

I am expecting most of the boards next round to be above 5 million. The range I have seen for this round is a player in number one with only 600k points, up to players at number one with 5 million.

It seems fast players can score around 200k in an hour. That would obviously be without using ads. My strategy has always been to play conservatively with ads. People will blast through their gold and boosters really fast. I am currently sitting at only 1.2 million, but I play very sporadically when ads are in my favor.

The next round starts at 7 am my time and I will likely not start playing until a few hours after. I also will not spend any money on the next round. I will only use the gold and boosters I have stocked. I expect a lot of people will score heavy right out of the gate but lose momentum. But this all just conjecture on my end.

Best of luck to you.

• Cowboy1983
    Options

Thank you. I plan to get some good sleep. My next round starts at 8 am. I have $20.00 saved up for boosters but hoping to only spend $30.00 max this round.

If I make round 3, I plan to do whatever to stay in first place even if it means to spend $100.00.

I really want to go to the tournament because no matter what the prize, for once in my life, I just want to see other states besides the one I live in and as I mentioned before, I want to get my mom and dad a car they deserve. I am not playing for the greed of money, but the possibility to make a change and help my parents out.

I am at currently at 2.3 million. I kept playing after being in the lead to get past all the hard levels. I am on a 36 game easy stretch for tomorrow morning and hoping that helps. This round will give me an idea of how tough round 3 will be because I heard round 1 is the toughest as round 2 and 3, most players give up....not sure if thats true. I can average about 100k - 120k an hour pending on the level and boosters.

Anytime I get free booster time limits, I take advantage of those and collect up on free boosters or points.

Good luck to you tomorrow and hope for the best for the both of us.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?