Blatant Cheating in final goes unnoticed

Options
gooble_gobble
gooble_gobble Posts: 12 Level 2

I have sent emails and gotten the same generic response with no follow up email after responding.

Most recent one:

Hello,

I need to address the cheating issue again from Round 1 of the Finals. I played nonstop from 7 PM to 3 AM EDT, leading from 11 PM until 2:50 AM. As we both progressed, the leaderboard updated in real-time. Suddenly, the other player surged over 75,000 points in under 30 seconds, an increase that seems implausible without unfair methods. It's crucial we investigate this to ensure fairness, as it doesn't seem right that I get eliminated under these circumstances.

Comments

• gooble_gobble
    Options

they responded by saying they could do nothing.

So someone cheats and that person can continue on?

how is this fair?

• FluffyDinosaur
    FluffyDinosaur Posts: 2,386 Community Manager
    Options

Hi there!

We take cheating very seriously and if you have reported this issue, then we're looking into it. We have a few different cheating detection systems so please rest assure we'll catch it if a player is cheating.

The reason why a score can jump up this much when playing is due to unstable internet connections or the player playing while offline. If a player plays without an internet connection, the score won't update until the player has an internet connection again - causing the score to increase by a lot in a very short amount of time.

• gooble_gobble
    Options

The leaderboard was updating consistently every time I finished a game, showing their score changing along with mine, which indicates they were actively playing throughout. However, their score then suddenly jumped significantly. This suggests they did not lose their internet connection.

• GiggzZz
    GiggzZz Posts: 20 Level 2
    edited April 24
    Options

I got the exact same issue. My opponent score was updating consistently, which indicated he was playing levels online. Suddenly in the last 45 mins his points jumped like 500k. This could mean he has playing in multiple devices offline… I reported with proofs but dont have any hope they will analyze it properly.

• gooble_gobble
    Options

FluffyDinosaur,

That is two incidents of expected cheating.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?