Question

Options
lisalisa73
lisalisa73 Posts: 39 Level 2
edited April 25 in All Stars

I entered the chat and saw many posts that were similar to what I want to ask about which has me concerned.
1) How is it that I have completed 200 levels more than the 1st place player (currently) and 409 levels more than the second place player, but I’m in third? Pics in the comments)

2) I’ve completed levels quickly but my score isn’t increasing at the rate that both of their scores are, why?

3) The first place player has been playing since it started at 9am yesterday (“David from Sweden) with no break 🤔not even an hour ? ? There is something wrong there
4) What happens if the first place player moves on but something is discovered about the way they played and they get disqualified? Where does that leave me and other players like me?
Thank you in advance for your time to answer these questions. Despite the scrutiny that I have about what is occurring with the scoring, I am so proud to have achieved 1st in every round since qualifiers and even now, being in third, as a player of less than 2months it is quite an achievement:) I went from level 500 to almost 4,000 just during the tournament! Some people have encouraged me and other new players to just quit, speculating that King takes advantage of us financially and has us thinking we are doing great but then we don’t succeed against veteran players. I understand the intent behind the concern and appreciate why this was stated, but I made it all the way to this round!:) I believe that I have a natural skill for this game, coupled with my determination to succeed for my family and those two factors helped me get this far. So for all of the new players out there this success story is for you! xoxo

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,756 Level 5
    Options

Sorry if I upset you with what I wrote. Enjoy the rest of the competition.

Ignore the player cards, they give no useful information because they are not updated live. The leaderboards give live information, the player cards run behind time and tell you nothing worth knowing. Ignore them!

• lisalisa73
    edited April 25
    Options

awe not at all … I completely understand and appreciate what you were warning us about but I guess when I really could do so much with an opportunity like this for my family and the athletes at my cheer gym and have so much invested (like so many others) it’s hard to hear such a truth of a situation… especially when you feel you can succeed despite the odds… which I was happy to be able to up to this point. You definitely did not upset me, the other factors such as the inability to hold players accountable for cheating before they move on or how scoring could be at such high rates for some and not others definitely upsets me more or players that may make it to the end and then are ineligible- how does that effect us? I try to keep grinding and ignore it as if it’s not happening but it gets harder by the hour esp when you experience it and see it first hand that something isn’t right or doesn’t makes sense is very disheartening:(

I’m going to stay positive however and hopefully admin will be able to answer my questions 🙏

Thank you so much for your response 🙏

• davidolsson1995
    davidolsson1995 Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

Hi @lisalisa73 im "david" from Sweden in your group.

I posted a similar thread regarding "mery" the current second place holder. Thanks to the community i have now understood that the player cards are not real time and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Also, i understand your concers and i share some of them. Im also very worried that someone that is cheating would take my current 1st place away from me and later King would take action on this. What would then happen to me?

Ive decided to just keep my head down and keep playing like i have been doing and try my best!

Sidenote, i have prepared 1 year for this event (last year i lost in the first round of the final knockout) and i have spent 1000's of dollars on buying boosters/gold bars etc to be able to keep the pace i currently have.

I wish you all the luck and may the best player win!

• lisalisa73
    Options

Thank you David for your kind response. I definitely think it’s an issue and you validate my concern that people paying 1,000’s of dollars get an unfair advantage of others who can not afford to spend that kind of money so it has become a game of profits vs a game of skill and it’s the people that can’t afford to spend that kind of money are the people who need opportunities like this the most:( I do wonder, however how you have played for over 24hrs without a break to sleep!

• davidolsson1995
    davidolsson1995 Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

Hi Lisa, I understand that this might feel unfair, but like i said i have prepared for almost 1 year for this event now, including saving up money to buy boosters etc. Dont get me wrong i agree with you that it should not be about who spends the most, but who can play the best. But that is up to King to decide and buying in game boosters and gold bars is allowed.

With that said, to answer your question. Yes there are sessions where i play for over 24h straight. To give some context to this, i have played professionell video games in other generas for almost a decade so for tournaments like this or other events in games that i normally play, its not uncommon to play 24h+ straight.

• lisalisa73
    edited April 26
    Options

yes I was just making a point as there were posts warning about the cost and how heavily the competition is weighed based on how much you spend but honestly I was doing exceptionally well without spending thousands until this round to have experienced it as fact

You were proactive in being prepared but it’s really not reality for most to be able to save thousands just to play a video game when putting food on the table or a roof over your family’s head is more important- those are the people I am advocating for or people like me who have kids in college and other expenses

At the end of the day King should really consider being more respected than profitable as they are not competing “the best” players… just the wealthiest

As far as playing over 24hrs more like 36-40 without any rest or sleep is hard for me to believe but if you say so I would not say you are lying it but I’ve heard if people who get others to play for them in other time zones or BOTS Until you answered that’s what seemed to be happening

• GiggzZz
    GiggzZz Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

Hi David

What kind of preparation did you have for this tournament, with the exception of saving money? You referred that you have be preparing this since last year.

• lidialacerdabh
    lidialacerdabh Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited April 29
    Options

Edited by CM: 🤔 Oops! Please repost in English so everyone can understand! Check out our House Rules!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?