Different gold rewards on Desktop PC and Phone app

Options
quekkc
quekkc Posts: 130 Level 3

The Champions Race rewards on my desktop browser shows 45 gold bars. Whereas on my phone it shows 35 gold bars. Why is there a difference?

Comments

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 883 Level 3
    edited April 26
    Options

Your grouping/seed/device

Simply put there are a number of different versions of the game as far as events and rewards go. This will depend on the device, the group you are in (ie same device different rewards), in general and your seed (more of a theory but like a group but used for different stuff).

On the device front it tends to be due to the other rewards, more events than window, and options like ads. Also King tends to constantly change stuff as a "test".

Funnily enough the most stable version now is the windows app version. This was not the case in the past… it used to be kinda rough.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,411 Legend
    Options

Hi @quekkc I have a different theory to Pyrolight.

Last month, or maybe even before that a few users posted that their Race had changed to providing 35 gold bars first place. Last week the same thing happened to me.

This is representative of the way King roll out changes to the game and my guess is that the 35 gold bar Race is eventually going to be the only Race available for mobile users.

• Pyrolight
    Options

Didn't realize it was expanding to more mobile players. Not 100% shocked though.

• quekkc
    quekkc Posts: 130 Level 3
    Options

I understand that mobile devices may have some events that the desktop PC doesn't.

But all these while if you have the same event available on both devices, they have the same rewards. I login with the same user account. You can participate in the event on both devices interchangeably.

In this case, obviously I would choose to play on the desktop with better rewards.

About 2 months ago, my Champions Race rewards were reduced to 40 gold bars for a few episodes. Then I stopped playing for one and a half months. When I started a new episode again, it's was back to 45. Looks like it may not be for long.

• Pyrolight
    Options

No one outside of King, sometimes I think also inside, really knows the exact determining factors for events and what version you will get. It is mostly just players making educated guesses based on what we are seeing.

It's really just a mystery. Also do not forget, the team for the win app is not the same for the mobile versions. Microsoft has their own team for it. Part of the reason the win app used to be so out of sync with mobile.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?