Multiple Accounts

Options

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,297 Level 5
    Options

What I meant with "in practice" was that in practice I don't think King will check up on players and enforce this rule literally. So they won't kick me out of the competition mid way for it, it's not something an AI would spot. They might check out the winners, but given my fingers I won't be able to win anyway. Thanks for having such confidence in me!

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,396 Legend
    Options

True @christinewupp they don't seem to enforce the rules until the end. Shame if you won though just to be eliminated on a technicality.

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 724 Level 4
    Options

100% they would know. Here is another example to help. Netflix the streaming movie platform is solely intended for single family use. A few months ago in Canada they started cracking down on password sharing with multiple users. This is tracked directly through the IP Address. Yes, you can log into Netflix at different locations but these would only be temporary ie if you were on vacation or at another family members place and eventually you would have to sign back in at the primary IP address location. Simple put an IP Address is a tracking mechanism which is used by many organizations to track where people spend their time on the Internet and has been used in the courtroom as evidence in some situations. I could definitely go a lot deeper into tracking especially if you have a cell phone and Facebook but it does not apply in this particular situation.

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 883 Level 3
    Options

create more than one King Account per platform to access our Services

Was thinking about this one and it is seems like a catchall but not the true intent. Basically anyone who played the game, left then came back and did not use the same email would be in breach of the TOS. I kinda doubt is the intent.

1. Do not have more than one active account per platform
    2. Do not use more than one account at the same time per platform

Basically I suspect that particular term needs clarification.

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 351 Level 4
    Options

Excellent questions raised in this thread. One thing I find really confusing is this: if King don't want people to have multiple accounts, why don't they explicitly say so? Why one account per platform? The point is, accounts are not hard bound to platforms. Let's say I start a new game on Android tablet in addition to my current game that I play on iPhone. If we assume platform essentially means OS, that seems to be fine with King. But if I then replace my phone with an Android one and continue with my game, this will instantly turn me into a cheater. Why? Why it even matters which phone I use? Perhaps they consider Mobile to be a platform along with Windows and Facebook? If that's the case, can I create an account on Windows and then continue on iPad? It would be very nice if King could clarify their own rules if they want us to abide by them.

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 883 Level 3
    edited May 3
    Options

Unless King is completely insane and a platform is "the game". Even assuming that, it still sounds kinda nutty since you still run into the issue of having ever made another account.

@FluffyDinosaur any chance we can get a little clarification from King?

• Alienscar
    Options

Perhaps they consider Mobile to be a platform along with Windows and Facebook?

They do @MannyFae

As per the T&Cs

4.4. Platforms: Mobile (App Store, Google Play), Amazon, Windows, and as updated by King from time to time.

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 351 Level 4
    Options

4.4. Platforms: Mobile (App Store, Google Play), Amazon, Windows, and as updated by King from time to time.

Thanks, @Alienscar.

I still wonder if a Windows App account can be transferred to iPad. Is it associated with a Microsoft account or email? Do you know, @Pyrolight ?

• Alienscar
    Options

This is why it is all so confusing @MannyFae

Your account is just the email and password that you save your game with. So if you start a game on the Windows app you can just log into the game app on an iPad using the same credentials.

I believe what isn't allowed is creating loads of accounts using several different email one one platform. Why this isn't the case I don't know because what can you gain from that approach. Other than starting a new game as many times as you like

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,297 Level 5
    Options

Don't I love having started this mind boggling discussion…. Yes, it would be nice if we could get some clarification from King on this. I wonder if anyone at King even knows? In fact, aren't they practically forcing us to create a new account by making the upper levels so unenjoyable…? I think I'm not the only one who is starting over these days.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?