Once More Unto the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 736 Level 4
    Options

So last week I reached level 15468 and was literally having enough of Candy Crush. After a discussion with King Customer Care they manually reset my game back to Level 1 and I got to keep my Gold Bars. I never had a lot of boosters so this was immaterial to me. Currently I am at level 362. I am enjoying the game once again and getting lots of boosters at this level is no problem. I also play on two devices so my Windows version has allowed me to remain at level 15468. I have been stuck there since my reset. No interest whatsoever if I ever pass this level, I'm just having more fun at level 362.

The weather in Newfoundland today is another RDF - Rain, Drizzle and Fog Dog. It usually stays this way until the capelin fish roll in June. Looking forward to warmer weather so we can get out on the motorcycle.

This is a picture I took a few years ago after the thunder storm passed. Have a great day folks🙂

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,434 Legend
    Options

Hmm, @christinewupp you were wondering what to do with your 15,000 gold bars…

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 883 Level 3
    Options

So things I have noticed when the algorithm is readjusting the board you are on, on board

1. Random special candies spawning on the board
    2. Special candies triggering when gently bushing another candy
    3. A regular candy spawning between a falling special candy and a non moving one
    4. Four candy matches generating the wrong direction striped
    5. Four candy matches not generating a special candy

• Pyrolight
    edited May 4
    Options

Non specific (Two posts because the forum is being the forum)

1. Striped cannot hit falling fish even when in line ie vertical.
    2. A special candy effect hitting a striped candy causing its effect cannot hit fish. Saw this twice in a row.

Also this is a super special game, I actually did 500 in one shot with a win streak and one pregame booster. I cannot remember the last time I did that. Also had 4 or 5 turns left.

Yup 535 all but one key were blue and a color bomb next to a blue wrapped… Still only had 2 turns left with a full win streak (no pregame boosters) but still. Been a reallllllly long time since I one shot this POS.

Yet more, maybe it is just me, but the game seems to be running faster.

Last one? Oooooo so they have updated some levels again, 515 had over 30 turns.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,473 Level 5
    Options

I could not quite follow your post enough to make sense of it @Pyrolight , but I'd love to understand. Could you please clarify what you mean by the algorithm readjusting the board you are on? Is this in the middle of playing a level? Do you mean when it shuffles the candies because there is no possible move? It happens so quickly, I can never see what happens. How did you see all that?

• Pyrolight
    Options

Could you please clarify what you mean by the algorithm readjusting the board you are on?

Sure

Is this in the middle of playing a level?

Yup

Do you mean when it shuffles the candies because there is no possible move?

Nope

It happens so quickly, I can never see what happens. How did you see all that?

You have to be on normal speed to see it and once I noticed it the first time it started to stand out. Also pretty much everything is via falling candies/cascade so it is very easy to miss them.

Generally the live changes are while candies are falling and sometimes a candy will change to a special candy without the required match. Usually it is on larger cascades but sometimes it is on smaller ones where it is more visible.

Also I actually just noticed point 3 yesterday. I think it is new since it is pretty obvious when it happens. This happens where you have a candy gap and it pops in a the last second. I was looking right at the spot which is why I noticed it.

Point 5 is also very easy to miss but I noticed a while back so am watching for it now and see it here and there. Again very easy to miss since it might be 4 candies way off to the side as part of a cascade.

• christinewupp
    Options

I think I get what you mean now. It's the point at which it becomes obvious if you have a lucky board or not. I have noticed this point in time but never could follow where those colour bombs came from, or the candies that cause cascades. I have watched lucky board YouTube videos and tried to slow them down to see exactly where all those colour bombs came from and couldn't do it! I'd love to have some evidence that they do actually just appear to fill gaps rather than are created by the right five candies dropping at the top.

I thought a few times recently I saw matches that didn't spawn a special candy in cascades and also just normal matches of 3 candies that should have happened but didn't but I never managed to get a screenshot. I'll watch out. But I'm not playing much at the moment. I'm still waiting for the new season… Monday?

• Pyrolight
    edited May 4
    Options

Ya, it is something I have really started to watch. It is more obvious in the early levels were the board complexity is not as significant.

Also if you play with the sound on it is more obvious since they still make the special candy sound when they appear.

As for the new season, the hub (amazing it was useful for once says the 13th). To add to the other discussion on multiple accounts, I actually am using bluestacks 5 for the mobile game. It is not a serious one just something to use to compare features and such. ie the Win app does not have the hub anymore. I guess the devs that do the windows version got sick of it breaking haha.

Also this I think is the first time where I have had a chance to start after the end of one season and before the next. Been wanting to do that for quite awhile now. Used to really bug me starting any game during an "season event". Also fun to see the "week quests" though they go away at 200 :(

• christinewupp
    edited May 5
    Options

While trying to fill my lovely 30 gold bars gold chocolate box playing older levels I have come across a fine level to study: Level 6128 has a very predictable algorithm at the moment. I've played it upteen times to fill my choc box and get the 30 gold (next one is coming right up, so I could keep on doing that….) and I took some screenshots. On most attempts this level will reliably give a cascade of colour bombs dropping with about 5 moves left.

Here are two screenshots that may (or may not) show a colour bomb just appearing. As you can see the right hand side is completely unchanged and so is the bottom left. Certainly if there was 5 match dropping to create this colour bomb it spawned in the wrong place, since those candies to the right of it are still there. There could have been a 5 match of orange candies dropping in lanes 1-5 I guess, but the colour bomb did not spawn in the middle of that.

I think this particular level will keep me amused for a while. It's one for me to try and figure what triggers a lucky board.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?