Candy crush FORCES updates now

Options
13»

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,724 Legend
    edited May 16
    Options

Anyway it is also completely unrelated to the discussion at hand as you cannot play Candy Crush on those OS' and Facebook is its own platform.

It is related as it asit is not about playing Candy Crush, but the double standards involved (see above). An outdated OS is an outdated OS whether that be Candy Crush or not @PyroIllumination.

Knowing Microsoft 

Unlikely

Ya and many new applications do not work on those OS'. 

And many old applications still do.

But back to security. 

You can if you like, but my opinion is that is nothing to do with security. I must admit I am intrigued by the timing of this update. That is, just as they are going through the All Stars winners they deliver this update. No smoke without fire.

Finally there could be more security/anti cheat stuff added to the game code, which requires code changes, which they want everyone to use meaning they are forcing people to update.

You obviously know more about this than I do, but I can't help thinking that any such 'cheat stuff' would be a routine run at the server end of things and not at the user end, so everyone uses the 'cheat stuff' by default regardless of OS version.

• PyroIllumination
    PyroIllumination Posts: 66 Level 2
    Options

It is related as it asit is not about playing Candy Crush, but the double standards involved (see above). An outdated OS is an outdated OS whether that be Candy Crush or not @PyroIllumination.

No it really is not. As I say you cannot play Candy Crush on Win 7 or 8, if you could that would be a double standard.

Unlikely

Very likely, I am saying this from what is going on where I work.

And many old applications still do.

How many of those old applications are being updated. How many of those connect to eternal servers and send and receive data from them? There is a very clear separation between what is allowed offline and what is allowed online/client-server. Candy Crush is a mobile app and they are client-server in the end if not in a traditional sense.

• PyroIllumination
    edited May 16
    Options

You can if you like, but my opinion is that is nothing to do with security. I must admit I am intrigued by the timing of this update. That is, just as they are going through the All Stars winners they deliver
    this update. No smoke without fire.

Oh it is quite likely this was prompted by cheating or h-a-c-king. Pretty fast turn around but in the end it is still security. This might have even been intended to be in place before All Stars but it was too close to the start time to do it.

You obviously no more about this than I do, but I can't help thinking that any such 'cheat stuff' would be a routine run at the server end of things and not at the user end, so everyone uses the 'cheat stuff' by default regardless of OS version.

That is more h-a-cking. Most cheats would be on the device. ie trying to send in fake scores, giving yourself 10000 boosters, more gold, potentially messing with the levels.

It is in the end a matter of security, All Stars cheating/h-a-c-king is 99.9% the likely culprit.

I swear the hoops we go through just to post

• Oichi
    Oichi Posts: 108 Level 2
    edited May 16
    Options

sorry to bump in but you can’t even particpate in all stars on older versions. All cheating is being done on the latesr version.

• Oichi
    Oichi Posts: 108 Level 2
    Options

Also just found out that really old versions like the one that has dreamworld still works even when logged on a king account.

Does this mean that if they are updating the code, logging on to a king account on these versions will just stop working?

• PyroIllumination
    Options

See below,

I would say yes but…

Perhaps there has been an exploit in the game since version x.x.x. It was found/abused this All Stars, thus all the versions with it are blocked. The version you found might be so old it does not have the exploit so it is not an immediate concern.

Basically it is pretty clear All Stars is the cause and I would guess all the old versions will eventually go away, this was just one of those, there is a backdoor into our system, fix now or someone going into the pit of fire.

• alanrobin1
    alanrobin1 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

My Kindle Fire is from July 2014. Does this mean that I cannot update Candy Crush nor play it anymore on this Kindle?

• PyroIllumination
    Options

Unfortunately we do not know which versions of what OS' are affected. You would need to open the app and see if you can upgrade.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?