Best tips for playing Candy Crush

Options
2»

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,873 Level 5
    Options

And my latest tip is: Don't play while there is no connection to the server! You will lose out on the gold from the episode races and chocolate box rewards. If your game is not connected then wait until the issue gets resolved. How do you know if you are connected? Go into your profile and click on any of the boosters. If you get this then you have lost your connection,

so don't bother playing and close the app.

• ambiebambie
    ambiebambie Posts: 38 Level 2
    Options

I've had almost as much fun in the support forums. 🤣🤣🤣 Thank you for the hot tips!

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,929 Level 5
    Options

⍝ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ⍝

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,873 Level 5
    edited June 16
    Options

As it's back up on the first page, let me add some more of my tips.

Take best advantage of events in your game.

Candy Crush has now become an event based game and we all get a different selection, often with differing prizes. A crafty player will know how their events work and what the prizes are in order to take best advantage of their personal selection. For example if you are due a timed booster from the chocolate box, daily win or weekly race wait to log in or to finish the level that will unlock the timed booster until you have time to play for the entire duration of the timed booster.

You can fill the first chocolate box easily by playing old levels and then play new levels when you have the timed boosters from the chocolate box. If you get timed boosters from other events, such as a timed UFO from the daily win, these DO count towards the chocolate box, so you can use timed UFOs to complete your gold box and earn the gold, if you get the timing right.

Do you get offers for passing levels after you have failed repeatedly? I get a fishing boat and one extra life when I have used up my five lives, and now always also get added timed boosters with it. Sometimes I choose to wait to play gold or boosters to pass a legendary level until I get this offer, because the timed boosters are not just of use for my next try, but will help me finish the remainder of the episode and win the race. Offers like this can be anticipated and used effectively. A lot of levels will be easy to pass with timed starting boosters.

Then there are other events not worth bothering with: Candy Royale? Don't get tricked into spending more gold than you would gain just to keep that win streak. If you fail Candy Royale it will pop up again before long to give you another chance. If you keep winning though you will see less and less of it.

Make sure you have good internet connections to take advantage of events. The episode race won't start while you are offine. Check you are online when starting the first level of a new episode. If you play the first few levels without internet you will miss out on the episode race. Don't start the race unless you think you can finish it in the next 24 hours. Ignore the other players, they are not real. Every player can win every episode race if they finish it within 24 hours. Make sure you have internet connection again for that last level to claim the gold.

Always play Season Pass to the end. It can be played offline and by replaying easy old levels. So every player can get to the end every week. (Don't waste gold to pay to move onto the next tier. Be careful not to press that green button by mistake!)

Do you get Adverts for extra moves? If you do, don't rely on them. They come and go and the help you get changes, so it is a bit hit and miss. If you want to keep those adverts don't spend any real money on the game ever, or those ads will disappear. I only watch ads if I think they will actually help me pass the level. If in doubt I X out and retry the level instead. In my game I have found that if I don't use the ads then they will keep reappearing after each attempt, so I wait until I get close enough before I choose to watch them.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?