How to backup candy crush saga (Android)

Options
János_Kiss
János_Kiss Posts: 9 Level 2
edited January 2019 in Support
Hi,

I regularly backed up candy crush saga from my old device (Sony Z1 Compact - Android 5.1) so I didn't afraid of loosing my game boosters.
I moved the game to my new device (Sony XZ1 compact - Android 8) and realized yesterday that I cannot backup the game from this device. ADB backup just creates an empty backup file.
Please help me how can I solve this situation? I don't want to risk loosing 1000+ boosters.

Thanks

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,729 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @Janos_Kiss, you can read how to have your game transferred to a new device here: 

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-friends-saga/discussion/177515/moving-game-progress-to-a-new-device

Unfortunately, boosters cannot be transferred because they are only saved to that device so that you can play the game offline.  The only thing that will transfer will be the gold bars. 

• János_Kiss
    János_Kiss Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options
    Hi @Elsa, I checked my old phone today and found that I cannot backup the game from my old device anymore. So the change is not related my phone but is made in the game itself.
    I was able to backup version 1.132.0.2 but cannot backup 1.139.0.1 and above.
    I checked the settings difference and found the following:

Backupable setting:
        <application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/app_name" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen">
            <activity android:allowBackup="false" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:debuggable="false" android:label="@string/app_name" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:name="com.king.candycrushsaga.CandyCrushSagaActivity" android:screenOrientation="unspecified">

Non-backupable setting:
        <application android:allowBackup="false" android:debuggable="false" android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher" android:label="@string/app_name" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen">

This explains why backup doesn't work anymore.
    So the only solution I have currently is to root my phone and backup the game before  I move to the new device.
    I will check regularly if King changed back these settings allowing me to make a backup again.

I checked now and I have 2775 boosters currently. I was saving up to the difficult levels which come after level 3000. I am still around 2800, so there are quite a lot of levels to complete.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,729 Sweet Legend
    Options
    So it looks like you will have to use up the boosters on your old device.  Go back and forth because the progress should sync if you are playing through Facebook or the Kingdom.
  • gashtaan
    gashtaan Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    János_Kiss Hi, any news on this? Did you make backup from rooted device? If so, it is neccesary to root also a new phone to restore backup to it?
    1246020 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    you can backup low version of candy crush on your old phone and then download and install the same version on your new phone. then restore your game .
    now you can update your game.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?