The Substitute Adventure

Options
SubstitutePyrolight
SubstitutePyrolight Posts: 4 Newbie
edited June 23 in Discussions

So this will be a bit disjointed. As I play will share my thoughts and gripes.

1. The forum is STILL garbage, first post and gets dropped in moderation, way way too many times.

So my setup:

1. I have the Tiffi avatar. Each avatar does represent a different seed and the same avatar is always the same seed. So there might be 30 or so seeds though some might be duplicates.
  2. No Hints.
  3. Not using extra turns to pass levels. See if it is possible or if the game leans too much into buy turns now.
  4. Some nice new visual effects. Also the Crown in the last image ends up as a what you see for 91.
  5. I have the newer win streak and the Lucky Egg, 10 to 17 to 27 and so on. Same rewards.
  6. I had Denize on 17 tell me to say her babies and the mechanics explanation the next level on 18, chuckled at that.
  7. Also have the new low levels and gumball machines.
  8. Gold Chocolate Box was 20 gold version, 3 day, high requirements to complete
  9. Hit Level 200. Map looks a little less horrible
    10. Griping starts tomorrow.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,943 Legend
    Options

Welcome to the community @SubstitutePyrolight ! (Will I get any brownie points for welcoming a newbie?)

Some really interesting points there about the avatars. I tried to figure out if they decided what kind of game you get about a year ago and I concluded that they did not. Maybe it's changed, but more likely you are more patient and methodical at it than I was. I do wonder how often they change which avatar brings which seed. Did you find this by playing them simultaneously, or within a week or over a longer period? It might explain why players are no longer able to change their avatar, which is a fairly recent change. A couple of years ago we still could pick and choose.

Have fun in the 200s ( if that is possible) and let us know which levels Tiffi gets stuck on.

• SubstitutePyrolight
    edited June 23
    Options

Maybe some substitute points haha

As to the avatars, I have only done some light testing + what I noticed in the past. Previously the Win app version would swap avatars the first time you opened the game after closing it. Now like the mobile version, your starting avatar does not change.

More serious testing would require getting to about 50 on the same one multiple times to see if they constantly matched up. Not sure I could keep my sanity that long :D

I am very curious what the 200s will be like now that the levels difficulty seems slightly adjusted.

Things I noticed

1. No intro quest ie jelly for hammer
    2. No daily quests (old style)
    3. Sam Streak is gone.
    4. The first episode after 200 updates the Win Streak. It is always the same on the windows version now, 3 turns, 1 color bomb, 2 striped, 1 wrapped.

Added to the first post, no hints and not buying extra turns, see if it is doable (reasonable) or if the game is now too geared towards buying turns.

• SubstitutePyrolight
    edited June 24
    Options

Sigh, well I will get a chance to test out the Tiffi theory since the event will not trigger. Fun stuff.

1. Yup it is the same.
    2. Event will not trigger at all. Not even the candies. Maybe it would on the 1st but that would also exclude the cup quests.

Time for a long break. This sort of stuff is far too annoying to put up with atm. Hopefully when I come back, we will be into more normal seasons again.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,943 Legend
    edited June 24
    Options

Oh dear, that is disappointing @Pyrolight . I just started a game and got to level 25 and have the Candy Cup in it already at level 30. I play on mobile. Do you play on PC? I've heard from others who don't get it because they play on Pc. King are making this a mobile only game more and more. Hope you'll be back? I've learned a lot from you about how the game works, so it's all been worth it. I tried to get Tiffi, but ended up with the one with the very big eyes. It was taking too long to uninstall and reinstall the game on my broken iPad, so I settled with what I got after two attempts.

• SubstitutePyrolight
    edited June 24
    Options

What I do on windows is simply delete the app data. You can also do this for Android. You CANNOT do it for Iphone/pad because Apple being

Apple. If it is in the ICloud you can but I am not sure if that is exactly the same as windows.

Ya I am on Windows. I suspect there is a different cadence for windows updates for the game. Gonna give it a shot as see if it does pop up on July 1, maybe… dunno.

So, I started as Tiffi but changed my avatar to

and

Ummmm sure… why not?

Also the arrow shot effect is gone on the map.

And Candy Cup is working perfectly…

Just drink that amazing background in:

God I forgot about that…

Interesting, the level representation for 43 is correct in this game with the update to it.

Ya I think I will take a break. Just not feeling it right now.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?