Is candy cup unfair?

Options
Dirtyboy2611
Dirtyboy2611 Posts: 8 Level 2

is there not a level of unfairness that some people competing in the candy cup can watch ads to get boosters and continues while other people don’t have that option and will struggle from level to level. I think this is extremely unfair. Now I know the response I will get is the same generic message that has been sent out for years. King, you need to sort this out. All for one, one for all

Answers

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 150,764 Candy Moderator
    Options
  • christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,943 Legend
    edited June 23
    Options

Hi there @Dirtyboy2611 I will try to give you a non generic response!

About ads. I played last year's Candy Cup and actually won without having ads in my game. This year I have started a new game and I do have ads. I am not sure they really do make my game so much easier to play. We all get different events and different opportunities to earn boosters and gold and it can be quite difficult to work out if players who get to see ads get worse versions of some of the events, such as the chocolate box (there is a 30 gold bar and a 20 gold bar version) and the win streak egg (there is version that gives 3 minutes of timed switch and stripe, and one without). What I do find though in these competitive leaderboard events is that near the end, in the final round, there is no time to watch ads. So any player who wants to win the big prize will have to play so fast to beat the opposition that if you pause to watch an advert you will fail to win.

• Dirtyboy2611
    Dirtyboy2611 Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

hi Christinewupp and thank you for taking the time to reply. First of all I can’t see how not having ads to get continues or free boosters is not an advantage. From reading the posts from similar people who are really struggling since their ads were removed it’s obvious it has an impact. I’m on level 15681 and have been playing crush for a long time. Before I lost my ads I was clearing up to 200 levels a week. Then about a month ago I realised there was an issue with ads and I couldn’t get anything that involved watching an ad like pick a box or the mining dig or continues or an extra booster when you watch an ad. Everything was gone and the only booster I had was the booster wheel once a day. I initially thought it was an issue with the game so I deleted the game and re installed. Bad mistake on my behalf cos I lost every single booster I had saved up and the only thing I was left with was my gold. Since then I have cleared probably 20 levels and have had to buy gold to get continues to get through some of those. To me, and I’m sure to everybody else who is in a similar position this is extremely unfair. Why should I have to buy gold to get through levels when others can just watch ads.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?