Have levels been made harder to pass in the past few days?

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,988 Legend

I'm just asking this question because I find myself answering a lot of questions about individual levels today. Have any of you been finding that levels have become harder to pass as this week has progressed? Is it because the Candy Cup has started?

I remember last year I played to win the Candy Cup and made a significant net loss of gold because the levels were harder than usual to pass (So I won't be doing that again).

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,939 Legend
    Options

Difficult to say really @christinewupp

There isn't really a baseline of difficulty to compare one level to another easily so me saying yes I think the levels are harder this week is meaningless as my feelings can vary depending on my mood or how much sleep I have had.

One thing is for sure though. I have played three Episodes this week and it has cost me a deficit of 60 gold bars. That never happens normally.

Whether this is because of increased difficulty I can't say for sure as the three Episodes had a lot of Hard, Very Hard and Legendary levels in them. They started or finished with Hard/Nightmarishly Hard levels which, for me, is always a bad sign.

Again I can't say if the Episodes having so many Hard levels in them is an increase because I don't know what these levels looked like yesterday/last week

My Sweet Cinema isn't working so that is a sign of something.

• christinewupp
    Options

I also think one of the reasons levels may be harder to pass this week is the lack of timed boosters from events. A few weeks ago I had the benefit or seeing two colour bombs instead of one on my starting boards whenever I played timed colour bombs (either bought or from events), which was a huge help. Then I had this lucky egg on my win streak

which now has been demoted to this one:

At the same time my adverts have disappeared, Challenge a friend is gone, the Top That event is much worse than it was initially (and not in my game anyway), so all in all there are far fewer chances to build up and enjoy a win streak and keep going, so perhaps it just seems to be harder because of the lack of events, rather than it being the actual level algorithms, but I suspect it may be combination of both.

• TPS23
    TPS23 Posts: 185 Level 2
    Options

Yesterday I played 2 episodes to finish a chocolate box before the time ran out. The chocolate boxes by the way also became more demanding like start with 20 unplayed levels, then 16 win first try, then 3 UFOs, then ended with 16 win first try again. Those were levels from 13971 to 14000 and they were like “constantly asking for more moves” levels with multiple layers of blockers. I didn’t feel so good playing those levels as they really made me think about quitting 😄 with the pressure of winning on the first try. Even normal levels with no marks for hard or super hard at all seem impossible to win on the first try even with pre-game boosters.
    Weirdly, daily treat machine was not there when I first opened the game yesterday but re-appeared after a couple of levels.
    Anyway, have fun, friends 😄.

• bboop1108
    bboop1108 Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options

I find that it seems I am always stuck on some ridiculously hard level when the contests start! 2479 is so stupidly hard. I am out of boosters, so I will be stuck here for weeks! With the cost of everything now, I cant spend money on boosters anymore! Some levels are made so you are forced to use boosters. Off to play something else because it is not fun to lose game after game when others are winning prizes🙄

• christinewupp
    Options

Hi @bboop1108 I wonder if you have seen my tips on nightmarishly hard levels which I link below. They won't help you pass this one, nothing will if King don't want players to pass a level without spending gold or money, but might highlight some alternative ways to play. I'm just looking at level 2479 now, 15 moves and 148 jellies, tons of blockers, nobody can pass this if the team are holding off lucky boards! Watch out for any chance to create a colour bomb + stripe or wrap combo and stripe/wrap combos. You will need these to pass this, but any such strategy is reliant on being given a lucky board here, so we are totally at the mercy of King's whims with levels like this one.

• christinewupp
    Options

Another shedload of players asking us how to pass specific levels in the community today. And then there is level 15775, which is dishing out a test version to some players with one layer of toffee swirls missing, so there is no way to get past it. I'm sure the level design team have gone a bit bonkers for this weekend. Let's hope someone else will take over on Monday and make the game playable again for all. I'd say go enjoy the outside or watch the football instead of playing Candy Crush.

• MartyJack
    MartyJack Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I totally agree. I’m always determined to win without using boosters. But, lately, after many many attempts, it seems I either have to buy the extra moves or watch the videos n order to pass. Or, start out using boosters. Frustrating. What I really dislike also, is only being able to make the moves they allow you to take. Several, after several shuffles, the game is over. You only got to make one or two moves. And you’ve used a life through no fault of yours. That’s REALLY FRUSTRATING!!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?