Level 2489 is junk!! What are you trying to do here!!!?

Frosting
Frosting Posts: 14 Level 2

NOTHING works in level 2489. I’ve played it about 200 times. Something is wrong but the employees aren’t listening. You can’t get past this level without gold bars. I’m out of gold bars and dropped a bunch of money last week for nothing so NO WAY am I spending more money.

Game starts with 24 moves. THAT IS NOT ENOUGH MOVES!!! Repeat: THAT IS NOT ENOUGH MOVES.

What irks me is that Candy Crush help desk tells me people solve this level all the time without buying extra moves or using boosters. Really? What percent of people in the last 3 days have? Probably zero because there is a bug.

Candy Crush told me to “burrow” and stack and save moves. I’ve burrowed a million times. I’ve saved up moves to set off multiple blasts in a row. NOTHING WORKS. Sometimes I’ve been in the process of lining up two color combs and just as I get them lined up, one of them bursts FOR NO REASON and it’s a bust.

COLOR bombs don’t even set off the same level of explosions like they do in other levels.

I get that the ultimate setup is to have a striped candy explode at the very top and/or bottom so you hit all four dragons or all four icings at the bottom. Been able to do that several times and then get a ridiculous board layout afterwards that gives no hope of finishing.

Candy Crush told me to check the community. Here I am. No real posts here giving any help on this level. One post a user asked for help and got zero response.

Candy Crush support gave me an hour of unlimited lives after I complained. Ummmm, what did that accomplish? I told you that we DONT have enough MOVES. No amount of free lives matters if the puzzle can’t be solved in the allotted moves.

Candy Crush also told me that the only boosters I need are the ones on the level pre-screen. So, a color bomb, a striped/wrapped candy and fish? Ummm no, that doesn’t work either. Played that combination for two hours!!!!!!!

Candy Crush eventually sends their standard help of an hour of free stripes booster and fish booster. That doesn’t help either. I told you the problem is that 24 moves isn’t enough. 27 isn’t even enough when a friend comes along and we get a bonus 3 moves.

Further, fix the bug where the fish launch but get killed by exploding candy. What’s the purpose of fish if they die when they are supposed to be doing their job!!!? They launch too early, wait to launch them until everything finished falling from the previous move.

Is there some secret sinister joke to getting past this level? Like can you only pass it on even dated Thursdays? Is it only passable between 9 and 10 am? Do I have to exhaust all of my boosters in storage before you will give me a passable board layout? Is it only solvable after I have played the level 1000 times? Do I need to release the dinosaur gummies in a particular order? Is it only solvable if I explode green candies first? Is it only solvable if you have spent a minimum amount of money in the game?

Like I said, I have no gold bars and I’m not spending any more money after HOURS of paid boosters didn’t get me past this level this week. You say it is solvable without any boosters or gold bars. So give me the percentage of people who have solved this empty handed in the last 3 days (or since your last release). And if you tell me that .0000001 percent solved it empty handed, what turn did they solve it on, on average?

I imagine most people don’t complain about this level because they just buy extra moves with gold bars and move on. But since you told me this is solvable without them I’m holding you to it.

I don’t know what the psychological goal of this level is, but it is only making me want to delete this game.

@Frosting

Comments

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,721 Level 5

I've got the feeling @Frosting you're a little bit fed up with level 2489. I think you have hit the nail on the head by saying it's only passable by using 10 gold for a lot of extra moves. Believe me a lot of us complained for years in the Level Feedback threads about levels that we were told were passable within 20 to 30 tries without using boosters or extra lives. Wasn't true so we gave up leaving feedback because everything we said was just being ignored. I haven't looked at Level 2489 yet because without a down scroll feature it's a long way for me to go. But I might have a look later to see just how awful it is.

• Carol-38

Well I couldn't resist and had a go @Frosting It is a Legendary Level so expected to have a fair bit of difficulty. I didn't use any starting boosters or boosters while playing and ended up with the first screenshot. I then got the option to watch 3 adverts for 3 extra moves and a UFO. I watched the adverts, then played the UFO and 3 extra moves and ended up with the last screenshot. Certainly not good but not as bad as I've had with other levels. That was my first try and I'm not going to try it again. I think maybe you should try without starting boosters just to see what happens. Maybe it could be done without extra moves - I'm not going to keep playing it to find out - but I'm sure you'd need boosters. Good luck and let us know how you get on 🤞

• Frosting

Thanks for commenting and for giving the level a whirl! I appreciate it! Several items/thoughts:

1. CC folks changed the starting moves from 24 to 25 overnight. I complained that videos online started with 25 moves and asked why my game started with only 24. Glad they changed it but I lost days and $$ trying to complete this at 24. 😡
    2. The game has also improved in ‘bounciness’ and explosion reach if that makes sense. So they must have made some tweaks. Before, an explosion barely did any damage and it was so difficult to burrow. It feels a little bit easier now.
    3. I’m sooooooo jealous of you folks who get the option to watch ads and get a UFO!!!! and extra moves. A UFO, just for watching an ad!!! Oh my gosh, that is the stuff dreams are made of. 🙌 I have to spend days going back and playing prior levels to fill up my boxes to get treats…. or do other very boring things to even have a hope at a UFO for free. So happy for you.
    4. CC designers, you REALLY NEED TO ADD functionality to jump back to other levels. If your support folks are going to tell us to “head to the forums” for help, then you have to give these all- stars like @Carol-38 an easy way to get to the level and investigate. Help them help us. Furthermore, for those of us who don’t have the ability to watch ads, we ALWAYS have to go back and play prior levels to fill our boxes for boosters when we are in a pinch. No one wants to scroll back that far. It’s boring and not engaging.
    5. Since CC made some changes, I feel like this level may actually be solvable now. Pre-game boosters are useless on this level and I have no in game boosters or gold bars. When I play without boosters, I actually have a slight glimmer of hope that I might finish the level in some decade. However, CC said that all of these level are solvable without gold bars or boosters, so I’m still holding them to it. I’ll report back when I finally solve this level.

❤️Thanks for your help @Carol-38 Here is my friend link for you and any other Crushers. 🙂🙂🙂

https://ccs2.play.king.com/6Rar/Invite?id=12&params=%7B%22coreUserId%22%3A%2214992534274%22%2C%22actionCode%22%3A%22017814942%22%7D

• Carol-38

Thank you for replying back to me @Frosting it was nice to hear from you, and thank you for thanking me.

Well done seems like your efforts have made a difference with level 2489 so 🤞you will pass it soon.

Unfortunately as you probably know, once you start paying for things in the game, adverts are taken away from you. Another thing King have got wrong. With regard a feature to go back to lower levels, this has been asked for over and over again for years, doesn't seem like it's going to happen soon, if ever.

I took your friends link offer, so we are now friends. You will see me in your friends list as Carol, the jolly green giant.

Anyway good luck and do report back once you've passed the Legendary Level 2489 😊

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,598 Legend
    edited July 4

Hello @Frosting I read your long and interesting post while sat in a traffic jam and also had a go at trying to pass this level. I got 25 moves and I did choose to play the three starting boosters, but I am not sure they had much of an impact. When I play legendary levels I know that on most attempts there will be no chance to pass, no matter what moves I play, that is the way King have designed these levels. But occasionally there will be a lucky board that will allow me to pass if I make the right moves, and the key to success is spotting when you have one. This can be very difficult if you've been stuck for such a long time the frustration factor kicks in.

I always carried out the first move the game recommends and I did get a lucky board on my 20th attempt. Up that that point combos I was trying to create blew up uselessly and I had been left one move short.

I will post here how I passed and hope you will get such luck soon as well. Here is an early indication. Up to this point I just did the best I could to clear blockers but my luck starts with this combo:

When I set off this combo I get lucky with it. It leaves me with a chance to create a wrap/stripe combo if I match the three green candies in the middle column on the screenshot below. This is pure luck and could not have been foreseen by me, so it is a good indication that the game is helping me now.

After I match the greens I do indeed get that combo for the bottom row. There is also the chance to make a blue striped candy to hit sideways on the row just above the combo. I decide to make that match first, followed by the combo.

With 10 moves to go the board has miraculously cleared quite a lot and I see countless opportunities to create wrapped or striped candies as there are so many purples and blues and hardly any orange. This is the moment to watch out for. I think the game is helping me now, so out of the many choices I actually now play the move the game recommends.

Seven moves to go and the colour bombs start appearing. I did not create these, the game did. I see no chance to make it a double colour bomb combo, and the game suggests I make the bomb/stripe match, so that is what I did here:

It frees the last dragon and creates more chances!

So much luck! Where did it all come from? (the level designers, of course)

After the next move I get a wrapped candy just underneath the striped candy dispenser.

So I can now see how to win this: bring down a stripe by matching the three greens below it and then match the three blues to bring the wrap and stripe together for the winning combo.

Good luck!

• Frosting

well, worked this level all day and still no go. I dont have boosters so I’m suffering in my own private hell. Did not get the train or hour of booster help they usually give us either. ☹️ My boards also never line up as pretty as yours the wrapped and striped candies are always skewed with no way to move them closer unless you burn up 3 moves. And everything explodes out of turn or even seems to over explode now

Im bored out of my mind. Yawn. I started playing a different game to shift my attention to something more exciting.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,598 Legend

Do you get "Don't feed the troll"? If you do you might be able to get a free party popper, UFO and hammer just replaying your favourite old level again and again. Those might help you beat that level.

• Frosting

I did get feed the troll. I played back levels to get the boosters.With these boosters, I FINALLY PASSED 2489. Although it took a color bomb, a stripped, a wrapped, and a stupid party booster. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

So mad ! This level, in its current configuration, is NOT passable without booster or gold bars like they claim. THEY DO NOT GIVE YOU ENOUGH MOVES. Calling a level legendary because because it is unrealistic and drains your wallet and boosters, IS NOT LEGENDARY. Legendary means I really have to think hard to solve it. No amount of your brain power or intelligence comes into play here.

Oddly, there was no psychological high for me in passing this. I hit another hard level two stops later. Even though I have an hour of timed boosters I just won, I don’t even care. Shutting down and signing out. 🤬

This episode and the last needs to be completely overhauled. 👎👎👎👎👎

• Carol-38

First of all 👏👏 for passing level 2489. I'm sorry to tell you there are many more like that and I still don't know how they can still claim that all levels can be passed without extra moves (gold bars) and/or boosters, I'd like them to show us how. But unfortunately that's the way it is now, some levels being really fun and easyish and others impossible without gold/boosters. Anyway, you've done the best thing by shutting down and signing out otherwise you'd have ended up with a 🤕

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?