Mathematically impossible to pass levels: Incompetence or deliberate?

christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 8,197 Legend

My attention has been drawn to this level, in which moves have been reduced now to 26. To my calculations this leaves any player one move short at best, regardless of what boosters they might play, making the level mathematically impossible to pass without paying gold bars.

Regardless of the strategy: There are 8 gummies on the starting board and one gummi drops per move. There are 26 moves but the first gummi drops with your first move, so even if I play just concentrating to drop the dragon with each move, all I ever get down is 33 dragons by the point I have one move left to play. Even if I played a party popper on my last move or used the best possible strategy plus a "lucky board" I will be left on gummi and one move short.

This level needs 27 moves to be possible to beat. I have played this level repeatedly and always am one move short, meaning on my final move I am two dragons short, so even if the last dragon comes down and drops straight through on my final move I cannot pass this in 26 moves. Am I missing something? @MannyFae

Comments

• mackem003
    mackem003 Posts: 90 Level 3

Hi

Yes you are correct in your calculations and unfortunately Candy Crush are making more levels similar so that you must by boosters or gold bars to progress.

I've been playing this game for many years and now it's not as enjoyable as before.

You must start buying or you cannot progress.

Candy Crush have made the game a money or bust situation.

Sorry Candy Crush you must do something or many other players will delete the game.

• christinewupp
    edited July 23

So now my question remains: What do people think?

Is it because some faulty AI or designer is sending changed levels out without testing them?

Or is this a deliberate part of King's level design strategy now to include levels that cannot be passed by the "using boosters" or "waiting patiently for a lucky board" strategies that some of us use?

• christinewupp
    edited July 23

I also wonder if Level 5087 is part of the same new design strategy, if it is indeed deliberate.

This level used to have a chocolate order, and all YouTube videos and advice for this level suggests the only way to pass was to let the chocolate grow, because the lucky candies don't drop fast enough. Now the same level has a frosting order instead and I think this makes it impossible to pass, because as we all know: Frosting doesn't grow.

There have been surprisingly few complaints about this level, so could any of you check out if every player gets the frosting version or is this a test?

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 15,977 Legend

I think the clue is in the visuals for the level @christinewupp

The Play screen clearly shows chocolate, but the level doesn't contain chocolate. How are you meant to collect twenty Frosting from Lucky Candy in eighteen moves!

This is plainly another 'mistake' similar to what happened with the earlier levels of the game last week. That is, incompetence on the part of the designers or whoever is responsible for releasing the updated levels.

• christinewupp
  • Pyroyeti
    Pyroyeti Posts: 902 Level 3

It likely still is. It likely is different teams working on level design and the intro screens and such. The team updated the intro screen, but the level team has not yet done their, "are we complete (bad word) idiots" check yet.

• Johan_DelaCena
    Johan_DelaCena Posts: 292 Level 3

@QueenB please fix level 9294 and 5087 by adding a lot of moves.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 15,977 Legend

I still think it is an error @christinewupp as both my games (android and Windows) show the chocolate on the Play screen for level 5087.

Interestingly I think a sign of how bad things are is that the Sweet Revival has just reappeared in my game. I didn't get a life from it even though I still received the half hour timed boosters.

Last week I received a message telling me that the Season Pass had finished and here are your rewards. This happened on a Thursday.

I don't have the Season Pass now

Today I have received a life request from someone who's Card says hasn't played in the last two days.

The game is becoming ridiculous.

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 513 Level 4

Oddly enough, I still have 27 moves on level 9294, and it's not marked as 'Legendary' in my game.

I played this level before because I was interested in it, and I played it again today. It's not exactly 1 move = 1 dragon, because I can make a move that doesn't make a dragon drop (i.e. move a frog), but then two at once drop on my next move. But in the end it always comes to this: the number of dragons on board + the number of moves left = the number of dragons left to collect (that's with 27 moves).

I won it back in the day, but only with the help of cascades on my last move, so that the last dragon dropped and was released immediately (again, in 27 moves). I agree that the level is mathematically impossible to complete in 26 moves.

It is obvious that the redesigned levels or levels with reduced moves are not being tested before being released at all. King tests levels by giving them to the players and observing how they cope. This impossible level is a direct result of that approach.

• Johan_DelaCena
    Johan_DelaCena Posts: 292 Level 3

The only way to pass new ccs levels is extreme rng

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?