We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Help beat level 695

stephies
stephies Posts: 16 Level 2

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,386 Legend

Hi @stephies Please could you confirm that your level looks the same as mine before I continue to check if I can pass this. How long have you been stuck on this level? There is another version out there, that's why I ask.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 40,391 Candy Moderator
    edited July 25

Hi @stephies🙋‍♀️

Please continue to talk with Christine. And, do not open any other new posts 🙏

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,386 Legend

Hello @stephies and @PummyRaj

As promised I have tried this level out this morning. I used up 20 lives. The order of play to pass this level would be: First remove the liquorice, then get the keys with combinations of colour bombs, wrapped and striped candies to unlock the gumball machines, then hit these with combinations of wrapped, striped candies and by matching candies next to them.

My findings: This level is impossible to pass without boosters. This level appears to be faulty. The third faulty level I have had the pleasure to test out this week @QueenB . What is going on this week with the rewritten levels?

Why do I think this level is faulty? Because of this: I get a lot of help from the game. It's dropping me colour bombs and wraps, gives me lots of opportunities to create combos, and still I get no opportunity to remove the keys early enough to have enough moves left to hit the gumballs enough times to fulfil that order. Also I note that playing lucky candy would not aid since lucky candies cannot create gumball machines.

Despite all this "luck" getting colour bombs I fell way short of the order in all my attempts. The Gumball machines are the problem here. They do not follow the same mechanics as other blockers, so you cannot get enough hits with cascades and combinations of special candies. For example a double colour bomb combo will only create 7 hits. A wrap/stripe combo would also create a maximum of seven hits if played in the ideal position. A colour bomb/stripe combo and double wrap combo is also of some use but none of these are enough to pass this level because the order is too high/ there are not enough moves. So I think this level cannot be passed, even with a lucky board.

Finally on my 20th attempt I tried to see if removing the keys early enough, by whatever means, would allow me to pass.

On the board pictured above I saw that a hand switch would give me a double colour bomb. So I used this booster. ( I already had managed to remove the key in the far right on my first four moves, which is often the hardest to get)

After striking the colour bomb combo:

A colour bomb/wrap combo but a colour bomb next to a red candy would have been more useful. Thhe key on the far left is hard to get:

I want to leave the wrap/stripe combo to hit the gumball machines, as it is in such a good position for maximum impact and I have so few moves, so I use a hammer to hit the last red key.

And now I strike the combo.

Looks like more luck: a colour bomb/wrap combo. But there are no blue candies here to hit the gumball machines on the left. This combo here would only create an order of 7 maximum. I try my best using the opportunities the game gives me now and come to this:

Finally I have a winning move.

So to pass this level I used a hand switch and a lollipop hammer to remove the keys early enough (with 12 moves remaining) to fulfil the gumball machine order (with 2 moves left). This method is far too complicated for this level range and more the kind of strategy I would use in levels in the 16,000s. I would suggest that in order to pass you would need to have removed all the keys within your first 10 moves. I was unable to achieve this without lollipop hammers in 20 attempts.

If the new game mechanism is to place pay-to-pass levels into the game at all level ranges then there is nothing that I can suggest to you but to pay the 10 gold @stevies . However, @QueenB if perhaps the design team could review if this level is really intended to not be possible to pass without boosters , because the amount of luck that I got with creating special candies, I suspect there is a fault in programming here and that this is not intentional. If you would like me to continue to help players to check out levels like this one, then I would greatly appreciate if I could be reimbursed the following boosters I used in total during my testing:

1 striped candy

2 lollipop hammers

1 free hand switch

Player ID 14907393367

Thank you.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 15,996 Legend
    edited July 25

Hello Allison Stephanie @stephies do you know that anyone that wants to can see your email address in your Profile?

If this was unintentional on your part you should make it non-public

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,893 Community Manager

Thank you for the tag and for testing the level out 🙏

Your feedback has been shared and your boosters has been replaced, you should get a pop up the next time you open the game 😉

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?