We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Can’t’ Listen to Music while Playing Candy Crush

JustSerfin
JustSerfin Posts: 83 Level 3

Why can I not listen to radio/music apps when playing Candy Crush & Soda? Whenever I have iHeart Radio on & go to play a Candy Crush game it mutes out the radio & all I can hear is the in-game music but not the radio station I’m trying to listen to on iHeart Radio.

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 15,996 Legend
    edited July 29

Hello @JustSerfin what you describe was an issue for a lot of people just recently, but I thought the issue had been fixed.

Please make sure your app is up to date as described in the discussion linked below

• JustSerfin

My apps are always up to date. I have automatic updates turned “on” so I should never have to update anything manually. Furthermore, iHeart Radio was last updated 2 days ago (version 10.42.0). I don’t see a last updated date for Candy Crush. Additionally, I have the problem every single time I (try to) play when listening to iHeart Radio on my iPad….which I typically only do when I’m away from home (in hotels) & can’t listen on a (normal) radio like I do when I am home.

• Alienscar

My apps are also updated automatically @JustSerfin and the information says Candy Crush was updated three days ago

Furthermore, iHeart Radio was last updated 2 days ago 

Additionally, I have the problem every single time I (try to) play when listening to iHeart Radio on my iPad

Are you saying you have only had the issue since iHeartRadio updated their app?

As noted in the thread I linked above can you try sliding the music button to maximum and then to zero. Close your game open iHeartRadio and then open your game again.

• JustSerfin

No, I am not saying I’m only had the issue since iHeart Radio updated, I’m saying it happened every single time I’m in a hotel room. I typically have a standard radio when I’m at home but I have iHeart Radio on my iPad for when I’m traveling.

• Alienscar

Have you tried the advice about adjusting the music slider @JustSerfin

• JustSerfin

This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with adjusting the music slider. iHeart Radio is playing perfectly clear! However, I am getting nothing from Candy Crush. What part of what I have been saying is so hard for you to understand?

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 2,846 Level 5

@JustSerfin

Do you want/need help with this?

Why can I not listen to radio/music apps when playing Candy Crush & Soda? Whenever I have iHeart Radio on & go to play a Candy Crush game it mutes out the radio & all I can hear is the in-game music but not the radio station I’m trying to listen to on iHeart Radio.

Or do you want/need help with this?

This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with adjusting the music slider. iHeart Radio is playing perfectly clear! However, I am getting nothing from Candy Crush. What part of what I have been saying is so hard for you to understand?

• Alienscar

This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with adjusting the music slider. 

You won't know unless you try @JustSerfin

When this issue first started a temporary fix was to go into your profile and adjust the music slider as I described.

I don’t see a last updated date for Candy Crush.

Your Candy Crush should be version 1.283.1. It doesn't matter if you think your apps update automatically you should still check.

My apps update automatically as well, but for some reason the last update by King didn't work automatically and I had to update the app myself.

Check that your app is version 1.283.

• JustSerfin

@Kerrie & @Alienscar it’s the same thing.

I can’t listen to iHeart Radio when playing Candy Crush. Adjusting the music slider had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with this because I am IN FACT getting sound! However, it is ONLY iHeart Radio that I get sound from! Adjusting the music slider doesn’t change anything when it's not a sound in-itself, it's that I’m not getting any IN-GAME sound when ALSO listen to an outside music source (iHeart Radio)!

What is so hard for you to understand about that?

• Alienscar

And what is the version of your game app @JustSerfin

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?