We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

My New Adventure

FreeSneakyMelonPyroDuck
FreeSneakyMelonPyroDuck Posts: 67 Level 2
edited July 30 in Discussions

I guess since there was no new season yet I will start what I figure is a week early.

This adventure might be a little different. Going to share my thoughts as I go than I have in the past.

Rules

1. No using extra turns
  2. No buying gold
  3. No abusing bad King code
  4. Avatar Yeti

Anyway nothing much to say for the start as they seem to be fairly consistent in general now.

My thoughts from day one so far.

1. For level 8 is 7 turns the fastest it can be won?
  2. Level 11 is a bit odd now. It always used to be a trivial win but can be lost now.
  3. Hard levels seem to be harder than the level rating would indicate, 34 being the first example of this. 85 is another example.
  4. Going to record in general when win streak upgrades itself.
  5. Longest win streak so far is 33. Level 85 just shut it down comically hard.
  6. Fish matched with special candies do not destroy licorice.
  7. Got the 5 gold silver box, so the 15 gold gold one most likely. The 15 gold is objectively better than the 30 gold one.
  8. Did not have to use any gold for lives before the first episode race was completed and I could just buy 6 hours of lives. Game was really being a jerk though about it.
  9. My Daily Treat Machine is slightly different assuming they did not update it.

Also something is odd with making an account. Previous one started locked out. Has to be the fasted I even managed to anger the forum haha.

So just to add, almost every time I have lost a 5+ streak pre 200 has been to "hard" levels. There is something odd going on with them.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,369 Legend

Do keep us updated @Pyrolight on this one. I'd like to know how it carries on. Your findings on the "hard" levels being win streak blockers is interesting. Also interesting you are finding the earlier levels quite hard going. I wonder if King have wisened up to players starting new games to feed their addiction and trying their hardest from blocking us do this. My game on the iPad freezes mid level now when I scroll back and replay older levels too often. Also there are some reports of mathematically impossible newly nerfed levels coming in and I don't know what is going on with the former bomb levels.

We need a new update and a new season!

• christinewupp

Oh, and I forgot to say welcome to the community! You appear to be a newbie? Did you delete your previous account? That would mean you deleted all those threads you'd started in the past. What a shame?

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 538 Level 4

Fish matched with special candies do not destroy licorice.

Yes, I noticed that too. It started happening at about the same time as the 'bomb glitch' appeared.

• FreeSneakyMelonPyroDuck
    edited July 30

Nope all still exist, wonder if the mods can collect them all under a single (different) account. This actually was not intended to be pyrolight but the the account was insta locked for the name I was going to use lol.

Yes, I noticed that too. It started happening at about the same time as the 'bomb glitch' appeared.

More reason to hate black Licorice :D

So some quick notes from day 2, aka 200.

1. Win Streak will do its first upgrade if you hit 200 before the daily reset King time. If you don't hit 200 and pass in your current session you will get the upgrade the first episode after 200, aka 216. You may or may not need to close and open the app
    2. 30 min lucky candy do not count towards "use" in the gold chocolate box.
    3. The other lucky candy options were bugged for me, could not click them, but that might just have been tonight, will have to see. You can actually see, if there a touch of lag, the button clickable event being inactive for a moment before it vanishes into the background.
    4. That GOD Volcanic Panic is gone. Lets take something that is fun for the first few times and drag it out for 15+ days. Weeeeee.
    5. Top That! popped at 200. Unless they have tweaked the numbers at the lower levels, it is pretty comical to see it as you have no chance to complete it.
    6. Day was pretty much a grind. Constant Win Streak breaking levels.

• christinewupp

Hi @Pyrolight Oh dear, that news about the timed lucky candies not working for the chocolate box makes me shudder! If timed boosters no longer work for the choc box then I'm out of here: I wonder if King spies are monitoring my posts because some have just been too helpful. I shall keep my mouth shut in future. No more tips from me. Just tell players to quit when they have run out of gold, that's the best tip I can give right now, the game is so screwed up! Have fun in the terrible 200s!

I half think they do not work because no one uses the things so it was never tested :P

200 is just so jarring. Hi, welcome to the low level wall, climb if you dare :D

edited August 2

(Reply to self since the forum is not letting normal posts work)

And adventure over and we are done for awhile.

This week has been nothing but a grind. Each day got worse, each day I got closer to the top of Top That! I rather doubt this was a coincidence.

Under 400 should not, with double boosters, take an hour and a half to clear an episode with hammers and UFOs sprinkled in.

First episode 4 hard+ levels, all gave the "you passed a hard level" message meaning it took 11ty billion tries. Seriously if I had 2 hammers, the 4 levels in question never left me with 2 moves, it was always 3 or more, two of them never got under 7 or 8 moves remaining.

As I am intentionally playing by not buying turns it is shocking how bad it is this time. I honestly do not recall this section even being this brutal.

I am not certain, if I had not used UFOs on a few levels if I would have passed even the first episode in 6 hours.

If the game is going to mess with the difficulty as you climb, Top That! and force you to buy extra turns, King has quickly destroyed the positives and pushed the game in a very bad direction.

I just am so shocked King is doing this kind of stuff to the low levels again.

• christinewupp

Well @Pyrolight All I can say is: Thank you for your sacrifice!

Your post is illuminating and painful all at the same time. I have been suspecting that the latest changes brought in have been to literally force all players, up and down the board, to use gold bars to buy extra moves. It seems your experience shows that is exactly how the game has been rewritten. As you know I often like to play new games from scratch, but I have not been able to do so since my Candy Cup game, simply because I haven't had a device available (the old iPad is now dead, and the iPhone I have earmarked for new levels still has 6 party poppers to be spent before I can go back to the drawing board with that). So reading your experience is enlightening for me.

It is a shame King have changed the game again. For a while, earlier this year, it was a really good game that could be enjoyed if playing from scratch and using the right strategy. Why of why do they keep changing everything just when it seems that they have hit a winning formula? They run test after test but whatever algorithm they use to determine the outcome of their tests, it does not take into account the "fun" factor.

If anyone at King reads this: Candy Crush is only fun and enjoyable if we can zoom through a good number of levels without losing our top win streak boosters. Those are the times the game is fun to play. Periodically over the many years I have played I always really enjoyed playing when this has been the case, regardless of the strategy I was forced to use to achieve this. This may have been using boosters appropriately and wisely, playing events wisely, or just because the levels were easier, whichever, it is only fun if we are allowed to pass levels and progress up the board. But forcing players to replay the same level over and over, ad nauseum is NOT FUN. Never has been in the past and never will be, so this strategy will not make a profit in the longer term, guys, because people won't play a game that is not fun.

And by the way, I shall continue posting here and spreading this rule in this forum:

If it's not fun don't play Candy Crush.

edited August 2

I am tempted to, on Monday, play for a week to see if the game is vastly different in difficulty with Top That! gone.

Even with that, if Top That! does mean an unreal spike in difficulty, that would still be a hard stop. We know the mini events like Buffet did spike difficulty at the start but this is so far beyond being reasonable.

Top That! is basically impossible under 500 and the rewards are far worse than in later levels while not being any easier.

Mentioned in another post but will add here as well, I have a bad feeling this is King's way of making sure bringing back speed boost has no effect in what they have decided the new level passing speed should be without shelling out gold.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?