We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

What is the Star Tournament

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,370 Legend

None of the players have a level banner. Perhaps they only show on our friends and ourselves, I do not know. The leader on my board has a score of over 600 now, second place has 216. Now do we think these players are real? What is your winning score @cookiemae ?

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,612 Level 5

This is my top 3 now, imagine the score at the end 😳 How many levels would number 1 have passed so far for that score?

• christinewupp
    edited August 3

About 300? I think I get a maximum of 3 per level passed. Although occasionally you get some more for sugar stars. I don't quite understand how the scoring works and I really don't care! To win this you'd need to play like mad for hours, it seems.

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 944 Level 3
    edited August 3

@christinewupp @Carol-38 I usually 600 stars. You can get 1-6 stars per level. I do play like mad because once I finish the new levels I usually have about 3 or 4 days to reach the top. I have a lot of time on my hands. Lol.Since no one has given any info on how they play and if they win on the forum I thought I would mention it. Oh well it works for me.

• christinewupp
    edited August 3

I thought it must be because you play so much @cookiemae ! I think I did get the 6 stars on one level. I quite like to take a break and my fingers and joints struggle as well with all that repetitive strain, so I think I'll be giving this event a rest. 600 stars is way more than I could achieve. Have fun and happy crushing and good luck winning your group! N.B. it looks to me that those other players are probably real, I just think the game perhaps no longer displays banners for other players, except apparently those on our friends list?

• Carol-38

Thanks @cookiemae even 600 is a lot but as you can see in my leaderboard number 1 had 950 yesterday with 5 days to go. So they must be flicking away like mad. Hopefully I will remember to take a screenshot Tuesday night or Wednesday morning before it disappears with the final result. As Christine said, good luck and hope you keep winning 🤗

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 944 Level 3

@christinewupp I was just rereading your comment. I don't know why you would say someone is using a cheat because they are able to do something you cannot. If you mean knowing the algorithm and putting in time is cheating then it's something a lot of people do and I wouldn't call it cheating. Basically you called me a cheater. If you even stopped and thought about you should be able to figure out how it's done instead of your first thought was a cheat. You base a lot of your opinions on the comments of people in this community which is a very very small amount of people that play the game. I realize that's all you know but it's wrong to automatically think of a person cheating based on your play. King I'm sure as you doesn't treat all the millions of players the same. Some people get more lucky boards some people don't get the same events and so on. It the case of the star tournament there are lots of repeating boards since 2022 so yes you can learn the algorithm and use it to maintain a high score just like the regular game. I just wish you had not made that statement.

• christinewupp
    edited August 3

Fine, I'll take it back then if you find it offensive. I was basing the original statement on myself and my own experience of these levels. I could only pass those levels using timed party poppers on every level. I also only have 20 lives from friends, so I wouldn't know how to just enter a level and quit if I don't like the look of it. Quitting loses me a life each time, so I can only quit 25 times before running out of lives.

• Carol-38

Hi @cookiemae @christinewupp I'm not waiting until Tuesday evening for the final score, thought I'd give you both a laugh now, still 2 days to go but I give up. I've played more than 100 levels, managed that by using more than 1 device, and yes what you see below really is my score. After passing 1 of the levels I got 1 point, now that was pretty mean. Passed 5 levels and 3 of those were after being offered adverts to watch, giving me good boosters. The best offer for boosters I have shown below, got that from watching 1 advert. Don't let this cause conflict between ourselves, that wouldn't be right, it's all down to how King dish things out, nothing we can do about that. The levels they kept giving me were just undoable without boosters or extra moves. The extra moves I kept being offered at the end of each failed level, you know 5 extra moves for 10 gold. Do they really think anyone is going to do that for the prize being offered. When I say undoable, I mean for example, where keys or skulls were placed at the bottom of the board, every move possible was at the top, but blockers wouldn't unblock. Colour bombs exploded on their own, when I got a wrapped next to a striped they just turned to dust before I knocked them together. To be honest what I was given was boring beyond belief, and even different to last week. Now I'd really like to know if the person showing at number 1 has been given the same boards as me, guess we'll never know how King really sort these things out. Anyway showing you the scores below with 2 days still to go. I've got my 🤞Cookiemae that you manage to come 1st in your game.

I don't expect either of you to reply. We could just end this thread with the laugh being on me and my awful score against the person at number 1 🤣 Every time I look at it I get the giggles 😂🤭

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?