We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Volcanic Panic Placebo Missiles

Dear GOD those things are annoying. They suck up time after every level and are completely useless on the boss levels while being a time vampire.

They are so blatantly just factored into the algorithm it is almost painful. Seriously even people who know nothing about the algorithm would raise an eyebrow at how completely worthless they are.

The first time you get one of the "You shall not pass" versions of the "boss level" it becomes so comically obvious.

I detest the things as much as Jelly Jars… and I HATE Jelly Jars and feel they are by far the worst blocker King has ever designed.

Comments

1. They take up time after every level you first try
    2. They take up way to much time on the "rescue/boss" levels
    3. The are utterly useless and have no effect on the outcome. They could be purely visual and the result would be the same due to the algorithm.

These things are really that bad. Even the causal gamer will notice these things never seem to actually help you win. God forbid you get a "You shall not pass" level and it becomes so comically obvious.

Honestly I think these might be worse than Jelly Jars and I think Jelly Jars are just about the worst thing King has even added.

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,893 Community Manager

Hei Pyrolight,

Thanks for sharing this feedback and would you happen to have a screenshot of this new feature so I can dig some more info and share this feedback to the right team?

Thanks a bunch 😉

• FreeSneakyMelonPyroDuck
    FreeSneakyMelonPyroDuck Posts: 67 Level 2
    edited August 23

God I detest this forum at times

Have a few SS, have to describe a bit as well.

1. It implies it hits blockers "only". It is actually just a + shaped explosion that will also hit candies
    2. It fires after the match so you have no idea where it will land, which lends itself to the algorithm.
    3. Since it fires after you make a match it will at time mess with any matches you are trying to set up, including special candies. This made my eye twitch more than once :)
    4. The effect takes a few seconds each time so if you have 10+ of them you can toss away 30+ seconds more for really nothing.
    5. They refill every loss, which would be fine if they were actually helpful, so it is just a time vampire.

• The initial screen where you first get them

I will say one positive thing, I adore the smaller and more compact level info screen they have and they way the special booster is added to it. It is actually very nice. They should move forward with this more compact design.

I don't have a SS of getting them after each level but it is the new arrow and explosion on the map for the stars but with a few seconds of the buster flying off to the side of the screen to be added to your counter for it.

Anyway

1. Needs to no destroy candy
    2. Needs to add a small "luck" boost the more you have.
    3. Needs to be way faster
    4. Should actually be random or at least objectively beneficial

As I say, it is painfully obvious this is just a visual trick like jangling keys and unlike using pre game boosters or in game ones, does not offer any benefit at all.

To clarify, they do blow stuff up, it is just that it is very clear what is blown up is not random, along with what candies drop, and intended to have no actual effect on how many moves it would take to clear the level.

Basically it looks like it should be helping you but it becomes very obvious very quickly there is no net benefit to them.

• P.S. sorry about the 10000 posts in the mod queue… Apparently it leave some errant formatting behind that triggers moderation for reason X subsection Y clause Z

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,893 Community Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us regarding the Blocker Busters feature 🙏 We genuinely appreciate your insights and understand the concerns you've raised.

I’ve passed your feedback along to our development team. Your points about the impact on gameplay, the unexpected behavior of the Blocker Buster, and the suggestions for improvement are all incredibly valuable.

We’re glad to hear you like the new, more compact design of the level info screen. It’s great to know that this change has been positively received, and we’ll keep that in mind as we continue to refine the game 😉

Thanks again and if you have any more thoughts or notice anything else, please don’t hesitate to reach out 😃

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?