We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

It's an events frenzy this week!

christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 8,370 Legend

Hello everyone. I wonder if this is true for everyone, or if I'm just lucky with my avatar and playing on iPad? But this week's events and levels for new players is just great. I've seldom enjoyed a new game as much. More to follow>

Comments

• christinewupp
    edited September 18

The story so far:

I started a new game Monday morning, just after the weekly reset. Now experience tells me that just in the run-up to a major event the levels are kind and I was not wrong! Gameplay: No dirty tricks, try to play as game intends.

This is my scoreboard at level 200.

I had used starting boosters only twice in the run-up to level 200. I used one lollipop hammer when I was on my last life and had no friends yet. By this point I already have finished the orange music candy collection at this point. Top That in full swing and helping me out with timed boosters.

I decided to test out if that player suspiciously befriending newbies in the Off Topic section is a bot and asked him to add me to their friends list. Success and the bot gave me enough lives to keep me going from here on.

I have the best win streak as well:

I had spent no gold at all by level 200.

The fabulous jelly streak had also started and I was well out in the lead, needless to say.

Levels 200-261 were quite good. No real win streak blockers this week. Every level was passable with starting boosters plus win streak boosters. I did use a few boosters and this is how I came out of the horrible 200s:

Factory Frenzy showed up as well and I won it, which is can be quite hard, but is a lot easier when the gameboards are easier to pass.

• christinewupp
    edited September 18

So this morning I thought events would slow down, but here comes Factory Frenzy again, plus the Volcanic Panic event!

The events sure have kept me well supplied with boosters.

Volcanic Panic has been made harder I feel. Those end of episode bash-the-bubble-gum levels are more in tune now with the levels they replace. So 350 for example was really tricky and I had to pay gold to play on.

Some of the "old favourites" with regards to complaints in the community here were not possible to pass first attempt just on win streak and starting boosters alone. I played one booster and/or payed 10 gold bars for these, but I suspect they are all generally easier to pass, since I haven't read many complaints about any of them lately. I might have passed these with some patience, but I don't want to play all day.

So at end of play this morning I have reached level 355.

I would quite like to test out if I can reach the end of Top That without spending 250 gold in the process….. I am somewhat short of boosters now by this point.

But it's certainly the furthest I've ever got while enjoying the game and still making gold.

Have you played any new games this week @Deryck and @SneakyMelonPyroDuck ?

Now who would like to bet against me that once the Music Event starts the event frenzy will dry up?

• SneakyMelonPyroDuck
    SneakyMelonPyroDuck Posts: 16 Level 2
    edited September 18

Nope no new game this week.

How did you get that far in Top That! with only 155 levels? Did you farm them or did they reduce the requirements? Based on the image you would be 38K candies into it.

Volcanic Panic is harder but it looks like the rockets you get are actually useful this time. They are hitting hard to reach areas this time around. It will be interesting to see if that continues but they don't seem to be pure placebo atm.

I don't have the music background but that is not a huge shock. It will likely show up tomorrow.

The late 400s are still special… very very special.

• christinewupp
    edited September 18

155? No, I'm on level 355! I don't have superpowers. But yes, so with about 200 blue per level on average I reckon I'll need to play another 120 levels to win that top prize. We'll have to see how tough those levels get. I'll have to keep my eye out for those late 400s….

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 40,355 Candy Moderator

Wow, Christine!! Your map and the events are tempting me to start a new game and enjoy it to the fullest 🤩

Did you start a new account or reset the progress of one of the old accounts? If started a new account, are you using same device for both accounts?

You know that I have a second account, right? I have one iPad and when I tried to play both accounts on same device, glitches occurred in new account and Episode Race got messed up!! Since then, I am playing my primary game only on iPad and using Windows10 App for 2nd account.

Can you please clarify this for me? Are there any tips to play both accounts on a single device (iPad is convenient for me to play rather than Windows App)!

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,268 Level 5

As a matter of fact, I've been progressing in my alt game that has Super Charger, which I received yet again yesterday. But then just now I stubbornly refused to pay the gold to pass L360, forgetting I'd lose the Super Charger in the process. Kind of a relief to lose it though as I don't feel like being glued to the game when I have other things I'd rather be doing today. I'll see if King is using me as a test subject and gives it to me again though. (today??) 🤔 Incidentally, I passed 360, NBU, 2 or 3 tries later.

I can confirm receiving tons of events too. Interestingly, the new variant of Friends Challenge requires 50 tokens to fill up compared to the 15 of my main game, making the challenge a bit pointless, as collecting 50 takes forever.

Re. Top That!, the catch 22 of this event is King (naturally) is manipulating players to speed through episodes, but to collect a lot of blue candies, it's best to deliberately go slow in a level. But then that means if you reserve your moves till like Move 7, for example, the game's algorithms make it so a board gets more hampered to win the level.

Chocolate Box is a 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬. I've just got one where the 4 tasks are all either use UFOs or use Party Popper. No King, I'm not desperate and wish to fall to your mind games. This box shall expire.

I also started yet another alt game yesterday on a different device which feels like the superior game. It didn't get Super Charger, but its Candy Necklace has the 2 color bombs in the last bag, which makes passing levels easier than having the 1 color bomb of the necklace on this current alt game. Notably, I finally Sugar Starred L160 and 215 on that lucky alt game! Also lucky about it, is events seemed to activate earlier, like Top That! at L30(!!) and the Episode Race at L51. With Top That!, I'm also experimenting to see if one can actually get the max prize. I forget what level I left off on that game (270 range I think), but I'm at Tier 21 or so of Top That! Conclusion: TT favors new players as it's easier to pass the lower levels with all the pre-game boosters at one's disposal.

Observation: both alt games have the reskinned orange music candies/Music Season while my main game does not. So, King has no qualms giving the event to random newbie accounts, yet my established main game doesn't get it? uh uh, nope! I'm not buying King's explanation about there being too many players of the game for everyone to get special events then. That logic don't jive.

• SneakyMelonPyroDuck
    SneakyMelonPyroDuck Posts: 16 Level 2
    edited September 18

200 per O.O. Also I meant 155 levels passed :D

Ya that last one can be a waste gold or waste gold haha

Also Top That at Level 30 O.O

Is your main game windows? I find it can sometimes pop on Thursday, windows app patch day.

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,268 Level 5

My main game is a mixture. In the past year, now that I have a smartphone, it's been mainly mobile due to the exclusive features the game has on that device. In the past I played via king.com though, eventually switching to Windows app.

What makes this interesting is the same PC where the alt game got Music Season is where I play my main game that didn't get it. Things that make you go hmmm…

Also, King gave me back Super Charger even faster than I expected—later this afternoon. 😲

• christinewupp

Hello @PummyRaj . I have to admit I have a soft spot for starting new games because I enjoy all the perks the game gives new players. It's not just the events, I got so many lucky boards I found playing these early levels really quite relaxing, which is what the game should be like.

To clarify:

I never play two accounts on the same device, so I'm sorry but I cannot give you any tips about it. I had a bad experience with this issue myself just over a year ago when two accounts merged and Player Support could not separate them for me even though they were very helpful and tried. Since then I am careful to never have two logins on the same device. I have an old iPhone6 I use for nothing but my game at the top of Candy Crush. I play the new levels every week but do not really enjoy that game very much.

I play what is now my main account, just past level 4000, on my iPhone 12. I have never played Candy Crush on any other platform at all.

The new game in this thread is on my iPad, and it is a sort of test game which I may not even save! I had played my main account on two devices, but when I ran out of boosters on the iPad I uninstalled the app as I see no benefit to playing on two devices. I then reinstalled the app and played as a newcomer from level 1 starting this week. You do not have to save a game when prompted, I just pressed the x and continued to play. I think a lot of players do this, they appear on our maps as "Player". In competitions we need to be vary of those people, as like me they tend to be experienced players who started a new game in order to win the competition. I can't blame them because the game definitely favours new players over those at the top.

• christinewupp

Wow @Deryck That is all very interesting! I wish I had read this before I attempted level 360 last night, as I didn't pay much attention to it. I did struggle to finish that episode though, it turned out to be a tough one.

I think you will have to accept that your main account is in King's exclusion book, you are for whatever reason on their naughty list. They keep putting that clause into their Terms and Conditions for events that players have to "be in good standing“ with their King Player account, that says it all I think. Once blacklisted I guess there is little hope it will change. Are you not tempted to save one of your two new games on a different account login?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?