Did I win?

lejlaj
lejlaj Posts: 3 Newbie
edited October 15 in Discussions

I placed #3 in the music tournament. I should receive a prize for placing in the top 10. According to the game rules King will ask all round 3 finalists to provide their contact information immediately after the tournament ends. I'm panicking that I haven't received any notifications or emails from King. I'm worried I'll lose my prize I stayed awake 48 hours for lol. I know it hasn't been a full day since the contest ended but the rules stated I would be asked for info iimmediately. I contacted King but their reply basically pointed me back to the contest rules. Anyone else worried, confused and in the same boat?

Comments

• lejlaj

I realize I'm being overly paranoid. King needs time to vet the round 3 players. Hopefully I win a prize. :)

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,635 Legend

Hello @lejlaj Well done for coming third! That is a great achievement.

You may still hear from King if for some reason the two players above you were disqualified.

However I am a little concerned by your post. Did you think there was only one finals round three leaderboard and the top 10 would get prizes? There were in fact ten leaderboards and only one player from each leaderboard will be awarded the top prize. So if you came third then yes, there is a chance, but only if those who came first and second were either disqualified or decided not to claim the prize.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,172 Legend

Hello @lejlaj I am sorry to say that you don't receive anything for placing third in round three of the finals

I can understand your confusion though because the wording of the event might be misconstrued by some.

Rewards:

• 1st Prize: Sweet Sound Passport – 3 VIP Concert Trips anywhere in the world + $1,000 concert voucher.
    • 2nd Prize: 10 runner-ups each receive a $2,000 concert voucher.
    • Additional Prizes: Tangible prizes and vouchers.

The ten runners-up refers to those players that finish second across all of the available leaderboards it doesn't refer to players that have placed 2-11.

That said Christine is correct and King might still contact you if enough of the winners and runner-ups get disqualified.

• lejlaj

Yeah, thanks for explaining. After reading posts here and on Reddit I realize I misunderstood the rules, but they were misleading to me. I wasn't a member of this community until after the game. I probably wouldn't have participated if I had I been a member prior and learned about the actual rules. I'm bummed but fingers crossed maybe I'll get lucky. In my leaderboard I felt like I was playing with bots or scammers. I do know number 1 on my leaderboard is an actual person. I read a post from them on Reddit. :(

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?