🎶 Music Tournament Final Knockouts - Did you make it to the finals?

Comments

• pmin
    pmin Posts: 63 Level 2
    edited October 17

They have the info they need for the vetting right now. I outlined the popup you're referring to below.

• pmin

Based on the contest FAQ on the site, the vetting should be done in the next few weeks and you should get a pop-up by no later than November 4th that will confirm if you're solid or not. (You sound solid to me) You then have 1 week to give them whatever details they ask of you in that popup. So these are not the popups you saw the day after the competition, those popups just were reminders to watch for a popup. Although one thing I saw did say November 11th. Anyways just gotta keep playing

• crdamon24
    crdamon24 Posts: 3 Newbie
    🎉 Yes, I made it to the Final Knockouts!

I made it to the finals. I lost my special colored bomb when I went to add gold bars to my account. It caused my level to start over as a retry. Also, Google pay decides to decline my debit card requesting "verification" to enter a six digit code sent to my account. The code was only five digit, declined. I have only purchased a few times only if I really need a life especially when it comes to winning a tournament. I had a very strong first place lead on my leaderboard but had to go to work and we are not allowed to have devices in our work place. I got knocked down to ninth place after leaving the game for 10 hours.

• pmin

Interesting....were you making the purchase during a game? I have had that crash my game and ruin a streak before. So usually I try to buy gold during the special offers at the end of episodes if I know I'm probably going to need it. But a lot of people reported bomb issues, I didn't have it half of the final round. And no, it would be very hard to win a marathon competition and go to work too.

• crdamon24
    crdamon24 Posts: 3 Newbie
    🎉 Yes, I made it to the Final Knockouts!

Yes, I was purchasing gold bars which caused the loss of colored bomb.

• wildcrusher
    wildcrusher Posts: 121 Level 3
    🥳 No, but I’m cheering from the sidelines!

No and I thought game was rigged. No way was I ever gonna win

• pmin

It was a marathon+skill tournament, already hard enough as is. I think some people just underestimate the competition. However yes, some bad apples will continue to try to break rules, often in new ways. But King themselves isn't going to try to take away or make $300k of prizes unwinnable when they're a large company with shareholders making millions a day on these apps, owned by an even larger company making even more than that. Plus if deserving winners can't win, it makes people less likely to participate in the next competition. These competitions are still relatively new and I think will continue to improve as more time passes.

• mommy520
    mommy520 Posts: 40 Level 2
    edited October 20

Hi all and @christinewupp

I played non-stop for 41 hours straight. Spent a good amount of money too! Periodically, I was going offline and then back online throughout this tournament. With 10 hours and 24 minutes left, I had about a 1 million point lead on 2nd place. I went offline, then online again, and with 9 hours and 54 mins left, I went offline for about 9 hours and 24 minutes. I logged back online with 30 mins remaining. During this stretch, I used a lot of boosters and wanted to really put it out of reach for anyone else who was playing offline.

To my surprise and dismay, when I came back online after hundreds of levels and crazy amounts of boosters, I did not receive my x30 point bonus. I should have been 1.5 to 2 million points ahead of second place, but when I logged back in, I was in 3rd. I barely made it to 2nd place by the end due to the glitch of no x30 points. It was working before and it worked when online, but it just didn't give me credit during that giant stretch of time!

I'm optimistic, King will dive in and look at my point totals before I went offline and calculate what level / point total I was when I came back online and credit my x30 to award me 1st place.

I'm unsure if I will go offline for future tournaments since this happened.

• pmin
    edited October 20

I assume you messaged them about this right? They aren't going to know otherwise.

Honestly the going offline tactic is best if you're in 2nd.…not 1st. You try to get someone in 1st to ease up and think you gave up. In 1st you should never give the other players hope, appearing offline makes them play harder thinking they can catch you..... for future tourneys.... When I'm on 1st I play as hard as possible online for all to see.

The random amazing point jumping you see most of the time isn't offline players either.... It's a point exploit from playing 1 super easy level 1 time for hours gaining 150%-400% their usual scoring, then finally finishing it and getting 30x as well. It's against the rules. Lots of players were disqualified for doing it, but yeah it's unbeatable and the ones that made it to the top 20 that did do it will hopefully be manually vetted and booted, since can't boot everyone else for breaking rules and not them. Otherwise everyone would just buy 18 million points for $500 and be done. I'm not exaggerating, that's the rate, of course if you have gold saved even better. The tactic is extreme pointbuying manipulation gone awry, no skill involved. Going through levels normally with non-stop party blasts wouldn't even score half as much (I would know I tried the blasters). And I digress.…

Basically.… I'd stop the offline stuff, there's not much of an advantage with it. Doesn't make you score more per hour. And unless if the other person did the exploit, they weren't going to catch you.

All of that aside..... Only candy crush officials can figure it out for you since screen time alone isn't enough proof, you could've theoretically fallen asleep with the phone open (Although I highly doubt that). They can easily see how many levels you played during that period and if points weren't retroactively awarded when you returned. You did well though, I finished 7.3 and spent 1.5 hours messaging King. So even if I got those 90 minutes back, we would've been close.

• pmin
    edited October 20

If you had an image of your score the exact moment you came back online, I could calculate what your final score should be. Just in case you're curious.

Based on your 10:20 to 9:55 screenshot, I will say your rate per hour was slowing to roughly 136k/HR. (Guy in my room went 200k at the open to 130k at the end, so you're not alone with that fatigue factor.) Anyways.… at 136k HR.... You should've finished just shy of 7.1 million if you didn't slow anymore.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?