⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why striped candies and other boosters are exploding sometimes without a reason?

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Hi guys, since this message started back in 2018 and it is still happening, I need specific levels and videos showing this so that the studio can fix them.  If you are just saying in general then how can a programmer pinpoint it without knowing more information.  I do see it on level 1476 but since it's only a sugar drop level for me I haven't notified them.  The studio needs more to go on than just a message from a player who is upset that nothing has been done yet.  So please give levels and videos as proof and then I can have it elevated for you.
  • ermhgrd
    ermhgrd Posts: 4 Newbie
    When smartphones were new, I played this game all the time. I got too frustrated with it because my special candies were always exploding for what seemed like no reason at all. I stopped playing for at least 6 or 7 years. Recently, I was bored and decided to start over. Now that I'm up in the 200-ish levels, I'm getting very frustrated and annoyed again that my special candies just keep activating, ON EVERY LEVEL. I don't have videos or whatever, but it happens randomly. Sometimes some candies fall and 2 will just be next to each other, and they activate. Or sometimes on one side of the board, I use a striped candy, and on the other side of the board (nowhere near the striped candy's trail), a color bomb will blow and take only about 5 candies instead of at least taking all of the same color. I consider buying boosters and gold bars but hesitate because I feel like it will be a complete waste of money. Even when I have the maximum boosters from the build-a-bot guy, as soon as I start playing, they all blow up and basically aren't any help after the first turn. I searched to see if there was some specific reason this is happening but fell upon this thread where it appears the makers don't even know this happens. It's a shame because I'm so addicted again, you'd probably have me buying stuff daily if I felt it would help me accomplish things. 
  • Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 216 Level 3
    @Elsa like ermhgrd said it isn’t any one specific level. It happens on any level where you get a colour bomb, you never know when one will go off when it shouldn’t. It happens during cascades, making it very difficult to see what sets it off. But I know it isn’t a stripe or wrapped candy since it happens when it is nowhere near either. It’s like it ends up beside 2 candies of the same colour & the game seems to think it’s a 3rd one of that colour & it goes off.
    It makes it particularly frustrating on an orders level where you’re trying to save it to switch with a stripe or wrap or whatever the order is you need.
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    @Kazza-3 I am having the same problem when I play 3309 and 2000.  I am not a programmer so I don’t know what coding would get beefed to fix it. I just go with the flow because the older levels are only used for my challenges.
  • joewongfoot
    joewongfoot Posts: 2 Newbie
    This seems to be a constant for everyone..If I took the time to post levels and videos that shows it doing this.. It would take all day as the boosters explode on almost every level for no reason and I'm over level 4000. It started happening well over 2000 levels ago and it's almost every single level...Not paying extra just because King won't get the issue straight..
  • Gunit
    Gunit Posts: 5 Level 2
    I posted about this problem last May 2019. It's now September and if anything, the problem is much worse. Now it's not just color bombs exploding occasionally without explanation but all the special candies are doing it and OFTEN in every level that I play. This is obviously on purpose.
    Also, most of the ads are obvious scams. I'm getting pretty annoyed with King. They are showing themselves less than scrupulous in more ways than one. 
  • joewongfoot
    joewongfoot Posts: 2 Newbie

There is no point in complaining about this anymore..Most levels are just luck to get through now because of this issue..This game was the best game ever but is now pretty much unplayable and with things that are going on in the world right now, I don't need to be frustrated when I'm trying to take my mind out from of things!!.Every level now has boosters that explode for no reason at all whether you set it up yourself or even when they drop on their own!! At one point I had at least 10-15 of each booster because I was getting really good at it, now I have none..Then King has the audacity to want to CHARGE you for buying boosters and gold bars..Get real! If you'd fix the game maybe people would buy a booster here and there but as bad as the game is now, you'd be broke buying them. No one cares because this has been an issue for a looooong time!

• pmbpro
    pmbpro Posts: 18 Level 2

It's now July 2020.

I'd stopped playing a year ago and resumed recently, a couple of weeks ago. Same issue keeps happening.

It doesn't even have to happen during a 'cascade'. I've deliberately made sure the board candies were completely still before making a move. Then, I'd move a single candy to make a striped/wrapped candy or candy bomb to move right next to another one. The special candy moves the one spot down, touching nothing. Then, Bam! Big explosion of the candy that never even moved, which then triggers others. This has happened countless times.

I'd also like to think that since this has been so common for years already -- at any time and levels among scores of players -- that after all this time the developers shouldn't have any problems recreating the problem by simply playing the game themselves.

I'll likely be stopping playing the game again soon anyway.

• Gunit
    Gunit Posts: 5 Level 2

I think we all assumed it was a "problem." However, King's continued and extended silence on the "problem" indicates to me that the exploding candies problem is designed to happen purposefully.

They know they explode. They designed it that way. They don't want to admit that because then they would have to answer to people who actually spend MONEY to buy candies. I never do but I know some people do.

It's actually STEALING from those people any way you look at it, so are they going to admit they're doing it on purpose? Nope.

It's also an incentive to make you watch more ads (making them more money) to earn more special candies or to force you to purchase more.

Either way, it's all about them just finding another way to monetize while screwing players who mostly have no idea why their candies just explode for no reason. Not have they bothered to answer the complaint for years now.

It's kind of like the change after my last update whereby I can no longer back out of a board once I start it even though I haven't played yet.

They described it as a "bug" which they fixed. I found that interesting since it has been that way since the very founding of the game. Yeah, nope. I don't buy it. In my case it doesn't make them more money anyway because when I run out of lives sooner as a result, which I do now, I simply close the game.

So in my case it's a miscalculation on their part.

It's yet another way to force you to go through your lives more quickly and thereby possibly resulting in more purchases if a person is too impatient to wait after they've used up their 5 lives to play. Do people do that? I guess so. I never do.

None of it is about customer service or assuring players have fun. King obviously isn't concerned about frustrating it's players because it is such a hugely successful game that they no longer need to care while they rake in the dough.

• ermhgrd
    ermhgrd Posts: 4 Newbie

Well, I stopped playing when I got a new phone and my progress came over with the backup of my iPhone data, but my 100's of earned boosters all vanished. I never opened it again. It's a crap game anyway and I was stuck on the same level for months.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?