Timed Sugar Drops

Comments

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    @Elsa hmm I see a commonality. melhence indicated being an advanced player in the 4000s levels, and you seem like you're at that point too. I wonder if it's some kind of "punishment" for you guys: less help on the more difficult higher levels. I'm in the upper 1000s (though I still consider myself a low-level player lol) and other low-level players seem to have no problems with the bot either.
    I hope that's not the case since the "help" should be distributed the same to all. Fortunately, you at least got Space Dash back. 😌
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,681 Sweet Legend
    Hi @Deryck, I don't know if they would even consider doing something like that.  From what I've been told these events are randomly sent to players so they might not know who gets what.  I haven't had Space Dash in a very long time.  Maybe they are now rotating again.
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    @Elsa Yes, the message that events are randomly sent to players often gets tossed around.
    But then there're things like the message at the end of a level when players are about to lose and get the spin wheel, informing them how many times other players use the spin wheel on levels.
    I do think King has stats on just about everything, so I don't believe much in coincidences/randomness when it comes to the game. ;)

Anyway, I remember you were curious if I started getting timed boosters from doing the sugar drop quest. I finally experimented this morning on my Win10 app and 'lo, received one timed 30-min donut wheel. That was it (though I didn't fill the entire bar via the app). 😱 So yep, King got me too. I'm just glad I still get the regular storeable boosters at king.com (which I proceeded to do - successfully - after getting that timed donut wheel)!
  • Kasie
    Kasie Posts: 32 Level 2
    I've stated this on another post and I'll state it here just to be sure it's seen. A timed booster is negative reinforcement; a regular booster is positive reinforcement. Why would someone continue with a game that 'rewards' the players with negative reinforcements?
  • Fr_Cayman
    Fr_Cayman Posts: 68 Level 2
    Yes, I'm pretty much done with Candy Crush now.  For the past several months now, after over two years away from the game, and starting over at level 1, I was ENJOYING playing EVERY morning with my coffee.  But getting timed boosters as I am finishing my coffee and getting ready to start my day, or AFTER I have used my lives up has turned me OFF of the game again.  Some of these other things added to the game, while I was away from it, are not at all reliable, or even fun.  The timed boosters were the one thing that was consistent between the early candy crush and the game today.  King constantly changing things up is ALSO not very appealing.  Events come and go, sometimes in the middle of the event.  This buddy system game is a waste as I NEVER complete it for a timed reward while I have time to play. The climb the tree thingy appears and disappears at random.  Even the build a bot has been changed.  I am one of these guys that like some consistency - and Candy Crush doesn't have it anymore.  I cant even compete against my friends.  As soon as I win I get shoved into some race where I dont know anyone. The FUN FACTOR is gone...

So, take the useless timed booster drops and keep them.  I am done too.  

• mamacathy
    mamacathy Posts: 95 Level 3
    I feel for you, Fr_Cayman, and all of the loyal candy crush saga players. I'm done asking candy crush to return our good old game. Learning to struggle with less moves, less rewards. Just playing less and not enjoying the game. Not much else we can do. I've read all of the player comments, seems like our voices are not being heard.
  • Brize
    Brize Posts: 46 Level 2
    edited July 2019
    mamacathy said:
    I feel for you, Fr_Cayman, and all of the loyal candy crush saga players. I'm done asking candy crush to return our good old game. Learning to struggle with less moves, less rewards. Just playing less and not enjoying the game. Not much else we can do. I've read all of the player comments, seems like our voices are not being heard.

Obviously no senior management are checking this forum as if they did they could not have failed to become aware of the massive reaction to these timed rewards and the total dissatisfaction shown by their customers. It only takes a few minuets to change the code in the program so why are we being ignored and our request to remove the timed rewards has not been addressed?

Brize
  • Joe000
    Joe000 Posts: 43 Level 2
    Hi. Looking at the history of Kings timed Sugar Drops game changes. I can’t help but feel they used the classic give and take bluff. First they TAKE Sugar Drops from CCS for 6 weeks. Then, GIVE it back with timed boosters. The problem with this kind of bluff is you loose credibility.  Now they are tweaking the game further. I am getting lollipops along with the timed boosters. They also have a new feature on older levels:

• Brize
    Brize Posts: 46 Level 2
    So here we are still patiently waiting to have the timed sugar drops removed and to revert back to being able to save rewards. If only everyone stopped making purchases (and I doubt that will ever happen) the company seeing a drop in revenue would  soon extract their digits.

Brize
  • Puregold24
    Puregold24 Posts: 11 Level 2
    I agree that the timed boosters are useless. Over the years I have spent a lot of $$ with King on their various games. Candy Crush Saga was my favourite. Since I retired I look forward to collecting my sugar drop boosters every morning and evening. Not any more. I will play other games and spend my money elsewhere until they change it back.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?