Club for beginners!

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,635 Sweet Legend
    edited July 2019
    Ok, I just went through everything and here is a beginning that could work.

Tips on how to clear levels
    •Jelly levels
    •Ingredient levels
    •Candy order levels
    •Mixed Mode levels (2 objectives)

Mechanics on how to play the levels
    •List boosters and blockers with images
    •Learning what the combos can do
    •Offering the video guides for the beginner (basic and combos)

Fun Ideas
    •Games, contests and puzzles to test their knowledge

Mentoring Page
    •Map or guide on how to get around the community and what each section offers 
    •Game questions and the mentors will respond to the players questions in this area  
    •Guest speakers for specific topics
    •FAQs

Below is @Sophia's list.
    Here are some of my ideas:
    •Activity can be encouraged by president and vice President by giving them the ability to promote active players to "senior member
    •List of members availible
    •Games and contests for members
    •Somewhere to ask questions and share tips
    •Ways for people to easily discover this club
    •Perhaps a way to message new players of the game?
    •Group chat
    •Member’s list and ranks (based on activity)

Ability to promote active players to "senior" member - that is a doable
    Games/contests could be in the Fun Ideas
    Somewhere to ask questions and share tips - that could be on the mentoring page
    Ways for people to easily discover this club - list on the welcome newbies message, tag players and encourage them to tag their friends, have Facebook groups post in their groups with an intro to this area message
    Message new players of the game - same as ways for them to easily discover this club
    Group chat - place to hang out and learn more about each other
    Membership list - not too sure if this would be good to post all their names on a list (just my thought on this)

Now I am going to get a hot cup of coffee!

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    @Elsa you know me so well that you have already chosen my role 😊 I would gladly share it around. Of course, I might do something else here and there but that suits me the best. You also know that brainstorming is not my cup of tea. As for Communitips, I won't be able to check them out now so I hope someone else could. The titles are just fine although I was thinking they could just be an internal thing, it might be too much to throw around titles and names. When players are confused and want help they don't look for titles, they just desperately write to whomever.
  • _Elsa_
    You have a very good point @firebombmarkus.  So these would be internal titles only.  Very good point!  But we'd all be assigned certain things and then help out wherever needed.  What do you think of the title "The Mentor Club"?
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    @Elsa I think that's ok, but let's see if other members agree 😊
  • _Elsa_
    I mentioned it now to you because you are the only other person here besides me.  Let's see what the others say and what @Jelly Jenny says too.
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,789 Candy Moderator
    Elsa - I like the idea of Senior Mentors. Isnt that sort of what superstars are to a certain affect. I like the idea of a mentoring club and it could almost be a subset of the superstars where superstars who are experts at some of the different games could be the senior mentors to newbies in that game. We could start off doing it with Saga and once that was established expand to the other games. 
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,789 Candy Moderator
    I like the idea of taking the communitips and organizing them into categories making it easier to find specific information someone is looking for. I can help with that - I don’t mind trying to help organize the tips into the categories you outlined above. 
  • sophfia
    sophfia Posts: 77 Level 2
    I think that name sounds fine. I also like the ideas list. And about the members lost you are probably right. 
  • sophfia
    *lost was meant to be list 
  • sophfia
    Thanks for your amazing support of my idea guys! And thank you for making this a thing!!!😁😁

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?