⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Bug report

Options
Mykaella
Mykaella Posts: 4 Newbie
In Candy Crush Saga on Facebook, most of the text displayed the game is now showing variable placeholders instead (e.g. {popup_game_start_game_mode_light_up}).  It started with the episode titles several weeks ago, but now it's happening almost anywhere there should be words, including the indication of how to win a level.  I've been playing long enough that it doesn't slow me down but it could certainly frustrate new players, and it reflects poorly on your developers.  Here is one of many screenshots I've taken showing various affected spots:

Best Answers

• Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Dear community,

First of all, I'd like to thank you our Superstar @bearwithme  and @Deryck for bringing that to my attention. As you all know, I've joined the team a few weeks ago and I'm still catching up. :)  Thank you all very much for your understanding!

Alright, let me share with you below the feedback I've received from team members in regards to the issues reported. 
    1. The "Sugar stars" is a feature that has not been released on flash  (so not on king.com) and it is for this reason that the player can see a strange 'target score' and no stars on levels passed with sugar stars. This is, unfortunately, an expected behavior.  

2. Sugar track: this is a problem that the studio is aware, sometimes the information that should be displayed just gets stuck, in other occasions, it might happen that the entire graphic doesn't get trigged ( the issue is mainly on flash again). Nevertheless, as you are also stating, the boosters are always received. 

In both cases, I'm afraid that the Studio is not going to fix them. The reason behind this is, as you might already know, flash will be discontinued in pretty much all (if not all) browsers starting January 2020 and King.com will migrate to HTML5.

Hope this information helps. Thank you very much for your reports and, on behalf of the Studio, apologies for any inconvenience.

Have a delicious day and see you around the forum! 

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for the info @Pounawea. You got answers sooner than expected, nice!
    You confirmed what I suspected: that nothing would be fixed. But seeing as how the Flash version will end next year, it makes sense.

But @Scooterpie I'm not so sure anything better is coming. Apparently, I'm part of a test group for a new Sugar Track feature (locate the Updates to Sugar Drops thread), and every booster that's rewarded is a timed booster. I remember we were just talking about this topic not too long ago. I'm kind of looking forward to having more free time once I stop collecting sugar drops 2 times a day. :D

Of course @Pounawea could voice the community's displeasure about the new change to King and our desire to have the normal storeable boosters back.. 👀

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    Options
    Hi @Mykaella
    We would like to welcome you to the king community. Thank you so much for being willing to joining 😊

According to your screenshot I can see you are playing the game on the Kingdom platform and Flash player may be causing your issue. So check you flash player here
    Let me know.
  • Mykaella
    Options
    What am I supposed to do there?  My Flash player is as up-to-date as it's going to get given my OS and browser (Firefox 52esr on WinXP) and my hardware doesn't support WebGL.  And don't even bother suggesting that I upgrade because that simply isn't an option.  Has King given up on backwards-compatibility?
  • Mykaella
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I'm happy to report this was fixed sometime within the last day.  Unfortunately, it was at the expense of the Sugar Track.  The sugar drops are still available and accumulating, but there are no rewards for progressing through the various stages.
  • Mykaella
    Options
    Please note my previous (edited) comment.  I suppose it was unwise to post something that needs attention as an edit of an existing comment.  >_<
  • Deryck
    Options
    @Mykaella Although I don't play on Facebook, I can confirm the same issues were present on King.com where I play. Indeed, some things were fixed yesterday, but not everything. 

For instance, some levels I've completed have no stars above them at all, and the target when I click on these levels says "et taret: 1 000 000" (it's all the same). It's not even English? ! In contrast, the levels that do show the stars I achieved for it display normally (the target score is of the #1 scorer). I'll post a screenshot after work.

The most distressing change, as you noted, is now the sugar drop booster bar and boosters themselves have disappeared. The C for sugar drops still shows, I still collect them, and the 8-hour timer still hits once I get all 180 - but there's no display to indicate anything is collected. I would much rather King prioritize fixing/restoring the booster bar/boosters.
  • Deryck
    Options

Finally have some free time.

Above, notice the absence of stars on some levels I've passed, while others have them. It apparently affects the winning display message too; episodes can only have a total of 45 stars, but it's saying I have 53 for Pinata Park. I believe I figured out the reason at least: the empty-stars levels are ones I achieved Sugar Stars on via the Win10 app. ..but I don't see why that should affect the stars on the King.com map. :/

On this image, where it should say the target score, it instead says et taret: 1 000 000. That's the same for all levels with no stars above them on the map that should have stars.

But good news @Mykaella: I notice boosters won from the Sugar Drop quest do get added after all, despite the graphic disappearing. Relogging into my King.com account refreshes the frozen boosters count so that the won boosters get added. Also, if I open my Win10 app, the boosters are counted there. To avoid confusion, King should still fix the disappearing graphic ASAP.

@Jelly Jenny Just bringing these matters to your attention. Is the studio aware of them, and are they doing anything about it?

• Deryck
    Options
    oops, forgot how to tag @Jelly Jenny ; see above post.
  • Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi @Deryck

Thanks for the heads up! I'll let the game team know about these graphical issues :+1:

Regarding the missing stars: As King.com is running on this old platform it may cause some issues with syncing with your game that is running on the new platform and has newer features, like Sugar Stars. As king.com doesn't have sugar stars, they won't appear in the game at all. But the level is still passed so no need to worry about that. 

Edit: @Deryck I checked the game at king.com and couldn't reproduce issues with the game target being an issue. Are you still having this problem? Thanks for letting me know :) 

• Deryck
    Options
    @Jelly Jenny Awesome, thanks for passing it on.

Yeah, the missing stars doesn't bother me much since the level still counts as passed. I just found it interesting how the newer platform's features affect the old platform display. Miscellaneous fun fact: I got all Sugar Stars in the early episode Wafer Wharf, and the King.com map shows all levels in that episode with no stars and the winning message saying I obtained 60 stars for that episode. lol

The target issue is still present. I prob' didn't explain it well; it coincides with the missing stars. Basically the weird target is only present on levels that I obtained Sugar Stars for. Levels I didn't get Sugar Stars have a normal target message display though. Likewise, the most recent level I haven't yet passed has a normal target. Like the missing stars, this issue isn't really problematic. Just another example of how the newer platform's features affect the old platform display.

The disappearing booster bar is the major thing. ;)
  • Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Dear community,

First of all, I'd like to thank you our Superstar @bearwithme  and @Deryck for bringing that to my attention. As you all know, I've joined the team a few weeks ago and I'm still catching up. :)  Thank you all very much for your understanding!

Alright, let me share with you below the feedback I've received from team members in regards to the issues reported. 
    1. The "Sugar stars" is a feature that has not been released on flash  (so not on king.com) and it is for this reason that the player can see a strange 'target score' and no stars on levels passed with sugar stars. This is, unfortunately, an expected behavior.  

2. Sugar track: this is a problem that the studio is aware, sometimes the information that should be displayed just gets stuck, in other occasions, it might happen that the entire graphic doesn't get trigged ( the issue is mainly on flash again). Nevertheless, as you are also stating, the boosters are always received. 

In both cases, I'm afraid that the Studio is not going to fix them. The reason behind this is, as you might already know, flash will be discontinued in pretty much all (if not all) browsers starting January 2020 and King.com will migrate to HTML5.

Hope this information helps. Thank you very much for your reports and, on behalf of the Studio, apologies for any inconvenience.

Have a delicious day and see you around the forum! 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?