No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• Arvindaks
    Arvindaks Posts: 2 Newbie
    This is disappointed me very much. Should be corrected otherwise i may switch the game. I will not play the game till it should not be resume.
  • Eddie_Sparrow
    Eddie_Sparrow Posts: 273 Level 3
    Because we don't all play on a desktop. Mobile devices do not support play on King.com.
    Mine does. If I log out it gives me the choice of playing through Facebook or through my email address. If I use my email address then I play on King.
    Are you going to the internet to log back in or just choosing to log in with your email instead of FB? 
    Because.... If you're not leaving the CCS app after logging out and then going to Chrome (or whatever you have as your web browser) You are still logging in on the app... And you are still playing the mobile app version. I can use my email too, but then all of my in-game "friends" are no one I know.

This screenshot shows what I get when I go to King.com and try to play on Chrome. This is Android. Can't speak to iOS. You can see where it says that on King.com "This version is only available on desktop"

Yes. I still play through the app, but my progress is saved on King rather than Facebook. Of course on King I don't see my Facebook friends.
  • Eddie_Sparrow
    edited January 2020
    I just log in with my email address which has for effect to log me on the King server where my progress is saved. I use the Android app.
  • Eddie_Sparrow
    Because we don't all play on a desktop. Mobile devices do not support play on King.com.
    Mine does. If I log out it gives me the choice of playing through Facebook or through my email address. If I use my email address then I play on King.
    Are you going to the internet to log back in or just choosing to log in with your email instead of FB? 
    Because.... If you're not leaving the CCS app after logging out and then going to Chrome (or whatever you have as your web browser) You are still logging in on the app... And you are still playing the mobile app version. I can use my email too, but then all of my in-game "friends" are no one I know.

This screenshot shows what I get when I go to King.com and try to play on Chrome. This is Android. Can't speak to iOS. You can see where it says that on King.com "This version is only available on desktop"

Yes. I still play through the app, but my progress is saved on King rather than Facebook. Of course on King I don't see my Facebook friends.
    I believe it's the same as for Facebook. You can play on Facebook through the app or you can play on Facebook through the Facebook app. Likewise I guess that you can play on King through the app, using your email, or you can play on King through the King app, using the browser app.
  • AlanTuring101
    AlanTuring101 Posts: 4 Newbie
    So, where is that official statement from the Studio? Here's a summary for your entertainment:
    (I took the liberty to make relevant phrases bold/italic in the qoutes)

Page 44 #1
    Pounawea said:
    Good morning everyone,

I totally understand the frustration that this change has created, this community topic is the most commented topic of the year already and it's been 'only' on for some days. The way we are used to play Candy Crush Saga has changed, 1 of these mechanics that has been there for a long time (and hasn't been changed for different reasons) so being upset and furious is also totally understandable. Let's face it, this is a very unpopular decision. But as for every decision that is taken, it has its reasons and this is exactly what the Studio will be sharing with us today. 

As I've been telling you during these days, your feedback and sentiment has been forwarded to the Studio, but not only that, also your suggestions and ideas for improvements. I really appreciate everyone's efforts for keeping this discussion 'civilized', for remaining calm and cooperate with the community. As for the ideas we have received, from the Boosters to the at least 1 chance to reset the board per day, they have been all shared and the Studio are taken them into account. 

As you all know, I recently joined this community and I'm still getting to know things about the game and, most importantly, to understand you, our players, your different games experiences and your feelings when playing the game. This discussion is very difficult, there are a lot of emotions and tension involved, but I'd like to share a little bring side: as a Community Manager, this discussion is teaching me a lot about you and about the game and I have the feeling that will unite more the community and I'm happy about that. These learnings are already helping me to understand and represent your voice and sentiment better.

Once again, thank you for being here and for all your feedback. Stay tuned, I'll be posting the Official communication from the Studio soon. 
    Page 44 #2
    Pounawea said:
    Hello @Fakhruddin-2 ,

What I wanted to say is that all the community ideas, suggestions and proposals for the game are important to me and they are going to be forwarded to the Studio. This way, they will be aware of the Community voice and sentiment and they can take your feedback into account. 

As commented earlier today, the Studio will be sharing with us soon an Official communication in which we will get to read and understand the reason behind the changes applied. 

Once again, thank you for being here and for all your feedback. Stay tuned.
    Page 45
    Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

I'd like to confirm that today we won't be publishing the official announcement. 

To answer @LuckyMe1189 comment, yes I will. 🙂   I'm trying to centralized all comments and feedback related to this topic here, so the official announcement will be published n this discussion thread, or at least I'll share with you a direct link to check the out.

Stay tuned. 
    Page 48
    Pounawea said:
    Hello everyone,

We are still working together with the Studio and, for now, I cannot confirm yet whether the official communication will be published today or not. 

I'll keep you posted!

I wanted to thank you all once again for sharing your opinions, your feelings with us and also thank everyone's efforts for keeping this discussion calm and respectful.
    Page 49
    Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

As commented early this morning (on this side of the world 🙂), we are still working together with the Studio and we will most likely get an official communication published in the forum next week. I'll keep you posted, but for now, I would also like to say that there are no plans to undo this change in the game.  

I know I'm repeating myself a lot, but I really appreciate everyone's efforts for keeping this discussion calm and respectful. Please keep on doing it! 

Have a delicious day and see you around the forum.
    Page 58
    Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

Warm welcome to all newcomers! 

Your feedback is very much appreciated, it helps us understand how this change is affecting already your player experience. Did you guys start changing your strategies and the ways you used to play the game? If yes, please share it with the community. Keep your feedback coming  

On another hand, to @WatchMEcRush21 comment and others, we are still in conversations with the Studio. As soon as we have it, the official announcement will be posted in this community. 

Have a delicious day 🙂
    Page 59
    Pounawea said:
    Hello @TurboTim66 and @Ledalasvegas

As I commented in previous posts, I totally understand the frustration caused by this change in the game. As you might know, I recently joined this community and I'm still getting to know things about the game and, most importantly, about you, our players.

Your different game experiences and your feelings when playing the game are very important to me. Every one and each of us can play and strategize in a completely different way and this is what I aim to understand. During these days that have passed, some players might have tried to change/adapt the way they play to this new scenario, some might have already quit. Other players, perhaps, might have decided to wait until the official announcement is released. We have a big community & forum members (growing!) of Candy Crushers and I want to know from all of you so I can represent your voice and sentiment better. 

I understand the situation is extremely sensitive and I totally understand that you might quit the game because you fully disagree with the latest changes brought to the game. 
    This discussion is very difficult, there are a lot of emotions and tension involved.

At the same time, your frustration, disappointment, and concern about the final decision of the team cannot lead to disrespectful comments to my persona, nor to the people working here and nor any member of this community. Insults are not welcome in this community.

That being said, I'll insist on that part again, as soon as we have the official announcement, I'll be posting it here. 

Thanks a lot everyone and have a delicious day.

• JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    @Eddie_Sparrow
    That's correct. You can use the app to play on mobile devices and the PC, but you cannot go to the web browser on a mobile device and play directly on King.com without installing the app.
    If you're on a desktop and using the app, you may actually still have the SDs. If you are playing the old Flash version on PC, I believe you will still have them, as well. No one knows how long anyone will have the unlimited SDs to harvest.
    Just like the board reset, King is rolling out an across the platforms change... If they don't ever want you to have something they'll strip the game of it. But they can choose groups of people to "trial" things that EVERYONE could and would want to have in their game.
    These supposed trials are supposedly meant to see how the players like whatever it is and if it should stay in the game.
    I call BS on that. Tests don't last for YEARS and go from one random group to the next, forever.
    They're only giving it to a certain #of played to see how much money gets added to the King's coffers.
    It's all about the money. Every single reward the player gets is looked at like it is taking money from the King....they should have had to go buy that reward, not just be given it for FREE.
    That's what it looks like...whether or not it is, that's how it looks and feels.
    ✌😎
  • Fury161
    Fury161 Posts: 20 Level 2
    Can’t you see they are just throwing this free stuff at you at the moment to take away your attention on the real issue!?!? 
    THIS THREAD!!
    Once this dies down then they will just take all their free stuff back and you’ll still be left with no reset! 
    That’s what this is about
    We still deserve an answer King
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited January 2020
    Although it is evident that we all love
    Candy Crush Saga, can you please share your
    experience on what makes this game infuriating?
    (aside from the obvious reason of King discontinuing
    the Free Board Reset)

⬇️

Losing a level with 1 Jelly Left because there is no match
    available to clear it and no Lollipop Hammer to whack it. 

• JethrinaBodina
     what makes this game infuriating?

Fish taking out the color bomb instead of that last jelly you had set it up to destroy on your LAST move. Stoopidfish, you had ONE job!

✌😎
  • JethrinaBodina
     what makes this game infuriating?

Fish taking out the color bomb instead of that last jelly you had set it up to destroy on your LAST move. Stoopidfish, you had ONE job!

✌😎
    Being stuck on a NOT hard level forEVER and getting a HARD one on the first try, lol

Getting 5 lives when you level up and already have 5 lives so they are lost. Can't plan for that, they should be banked
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?