No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Pounawea
Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
edited December 2019 in Discussions
Dear community,

I'd like to share with you some information in regards to a god old known issue of the game: 

as you may be aware, when we access a level, we don't use any move and we exit the level without playing it, we don't lose any life. 

This behaviour was not intended since the very beginning and very soon, this issue is going to be fixed. 

That means that, once it's fixed, if we access a level to check it out, we don't do anything and we decide to exit the level to go back to the map, we will be losing a life.

Thank you very much for your understanding 🙂

Have a delicious day and let's keep crushing!

Comments

• Pounawea
    Dear community,

I totally understand your comments and the way you feel guys. I know that it's going to be hard to digest but I wanted to be upfront with this information. The Studio is fixing this issue because it represents an exploit. Since the very beginning, it wasn't intended like that and if you think of other King games, the lives feature works as intended but not in our game. 

I wanted to inform you guys in advance so we could all be prepared and aware of this upcoming fix/change in the game. 

Please bear with me and help me spread the word so all Candy Crushers are informed. 

Thank you very much for your understanding. 🙂
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    Dear Community,

Of course we have to fix this! It allows players a slight advantage in dealing with the random element in some levels. We would rather this be accomplished through purchases of gold or boosters. 

I don't care how many people complain about it this time, we won't back down.
    In the words of Mick Mulvaney, "Deal with it!"
    Hi there! @Sukona_Bigwun

Welcome to the Community!

Very Funny! 🤣🤣🤣 Sorry, I can't help it! I need to respond to your comments! It is interesting that you mentioned Mick Mulveney in this Discussion Thread. BTW, Mick Mulveney is a Loud Speaker. Do you know what happened to a Loud Speaker when its sound becomes static and ear piercing? The Megaphone gets banged to whatever surface is available to make it work. Ouch!!! 😂 Do you know what Mick Mulveney did after he made that comment?
  • Parfait
    Parfait Posts: 1 Newbie
    You “fix” this to be fair, then why aren’t you “fixing” lives that friends have sent being synced across devices?  Funny what is the correct thing to do is only to get more money! 
  • Pounawea
    Hello everyone!

@Sukona_Bigwun and @Parfait , welcome to our sweet forums! 

To answer your question, @Parfait, as some of you might know, boosters, extra lives, and extra moves are items that are saved locally on the device on which you received them. This means that, unlike Gold Bars and your level progress, they won't transfer across to your new device. Also, remember that the purpose behind having the items saved and stored locally is to be able to play offline. 

As I was commenting yesterday, I understand this fix is not going to pleased us players. but I wanted to let you know in advance so we could all be prepared and aware of this upcoming fix/change in the game. 

The Studio has not confirmed yet when the fix will be released in the game for all the affected players, I'll keep you guys posted. 

Thanks for your understanding and have a delicious day!

• Timhung
    Timhung Posts: 1,487 Level 5
    Very worst.🙁
    Does the studio need more player to leave and stops making level?
    According the number of hard levels and this discussion, I think Yes. 

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?