Level too hard

King_admin
King_admin Posts: 3,638 Level 3
This discussion was created from comments split from: Alphabetty Saga and other rants....

Comments

• bellacharlie
    bellacharlie Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited February 2020
    I'm getting fed up of this game now....How am I suppose to play this (see picture) I will need to log out then log back in again and start from the beginning. There is no words that can be played.!!
    Many times I have come close to completeing a game and it's suddenly it re- shuffled over & over then restarted a new game. (but not in this case) 
    Then has the cheek to ask for money to carry on playing....

• abe_coffee
    abe_coffee Posts: 1,976 Level 5
    edited February 2020

as a fellow player I understand how that some levels are very frustrating 
    the studio does try to improve the game
    I would really like to do some testing on this level
    why is that? ... the autoshuffle appears to be improved ... it may be doing 5 tries instead of 3 tries
    if the autoshuffle is still unable to find playable words this sounds like a good level for investigation

this looks like level 368 ... the upper letters must be be playable to have any chance on this level
    be prepared to use the quit button often
    consider using an artifact that removes trap(s) if you continually get boards where the traps prevent a good start
    there are notes and screenshots for level 368 here ... open in a new tab or a new window 
    http://www.screenshotabe.com/index.php

• abe_coffee
    edited February 2020
    @bellacharlie
    level 368 ... pop 72 bubbles in 32 moves
    keep hitting quit until you get a board you like
    preliminary testing with 24 tries(a small sample):
     ... 15 quits ... 8 wins ... one loss because the autoshuffle missed a word

example: CHI is not found by the autoshuffle

• Oystercopy
    Oystercopy Posts: 6 Level 2

I couldn't agree more with frustration Bella Charlie is experiencing with this game... I posted something a few weeks ago and the response was an overwhelmingly ambiguous and useless post... it really makes you wonder if these "board moderators" and "experts" are working for the company because they have no clue what's really going on in the game....

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

Hi @Oystercopy!

The Game Experts like @abe_coffee here in AlphaBetty and the Superstars do not work for King. They are avid players that are active here in Community and help other players only because they want to and because they love the games here.

We members that are Community Managers though, we work for King and the members that have the title "Kingster". The Kingsters are other King employees and we Community Managers are people who work with the Community site.

• abe_coffee
    edited March 2020

thank you for the post @Oystercopy

the autoshuffle has a bug ... it does not always find playable words

@Crazy Cat Lad @Xarly @nBoo ... is the studio aware that the autoshuffle has a bug?

here is a video: ... open in a new tab or a new window

the autoshuffle starts at 1:02 and fails to find CHI at 1:05

here is a screenshot

• Oystercopy

Thank you for that clarification crazy cat lady... you could see why I might have assumed that considering that the response(s) to me were unhelpful and no one is taking responsibility for the glitches in the game... Instead I'm told that some players can finish the game without ever spending any money or buying vowels which is completely untrue... which makes thinking people wonder...?

• mahhhhh
    mahhhhh Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited March 2020

I've done all the online games as far as they go (410) and am forced to play on Facebook if I want to continue. The games are noticeably easier on Facebook. To cater to kids, maybe? I've never used a bonus and I sure as heck wouldn't PAY for one! I'm especially disappointed I can't play with a "community" to measure against - none of my Facebook friends are interested. Advice for the hard levels: Take your time. Reshuffle. Pay attention to which will help more - crowns or bonuses. Keep trying the level because it will eventually click.

• Oystercopy

Well I don't have a Facebook account (purposely) but the game shouldn't be any different...but when you have people on here who call themselves "moderators", who claim there's nothing wrong with the game, and insist its just YOU, well, that's just insulting..

• abe_coffee

hi @Oystercopy @Crazy Cat Lad @Xarly @nBoo

enough with the negative vibes ... we get it ... the game is tough ... some players do not pay 

would you like to help make things better for other players?

chime in on improving the autoshuffle

this will not solve all of your problems ... but it is a start

the autoshuffle has a bug

please post that you would like it improved

or ... keep complaining and maybe they will fix every bug

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?