We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Android device stays on and gets heated up.

gollaajai
gollaajai Posts: 2 Newbie

I set my screen off timing on android device for 15 sec and it is supposed to switched off if I don’t play Candycrush for 15 sec. but Candycrush doesn’t allow the device to switch off. This problem is not there on IOS devices. What should I do to make my auto screen off work on android device when I Do not play candy crush And switch off or activate screensaver

Comments

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator

@gollaajai Hi! welcome to the forum :)

I noticed too that the app doesn't allow the android device screen to switch off. the screen turns a shade of gray after minutes of keeping the game open and says "swipe the lock icon away to unlock".

But if I close the app when I finished playing, the device screen turns off as always. Plus if I don't let the app to stay active in the background the battery suffers even less and the device doesn't heat up for candy crush, defenitely.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your message implies that you keep the app running when you're not playing?

• gollaajai
    gollaajai Posts: 2 Newbie

Thanks. You are absolutely right. If inadvertently keep the app on, app does not allow the screen saver to do it’s job only on android devices but in IOS devices the screen saver functions, as intended. I feel the app developers should do something to save our devices and prevent them from overheating and degrading.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator

Ok now I get that, thanks for claryfing. I went check the app permissions settings and yes, candy crush saga is allowed to stop the device stand-by setting and I didn't find a way to disable it. Most likely the app developers made it impossible to change but I'm not very tech savvy.

Probably the app developers had thought to let the app run in case the player wished to wait and collect the biggest score possible without keeping the device costantly awake during the crushing (I'm definetely one of the players who benefits from this).

I owned some android devices though, so I'll say this. Even if the screen turned itself off, any app, not just CCS, would still be open and consume energy in the device. So it'd be advisable to remember to close apps after using them for the sake of the device's battery and longevity. Besides, I noticed game apps especially suck quite a bit of energy and memory, so they need extra care, I think.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?