We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Bubblegum Hill locked in “won but not awarded” limbo state from last weekend. Won’t let me play it!

Joel_R.
Joel_R. Posts: 10 Level 2

Last weekend I played BH and won it several times. I wanted to win one more time before it ended, so I stayed up late Sunday night and, about twenty minutes before it was scheduled to end, started playing it one more time. After a false start, I managed to beat it just as it was about to expire. Unfortunately, I caught it too close and it timed out exactly as Level 5 finished up its Sugar Crush and returned to the BH home Castle-&-Bubblegum-King-&-5-pink-level-ovals-(all-checked)-map-leading-to-castle display as usual, and also as usual it popped up the dialog box with the big fat green “Collect Award” button, but then, before I could tap it, it immediately (as in the thing bounced on the screen, right back down after going up without even an instant’s pause) it dropped off the screen and up pops the “Bubblegum Hill has Ended” display. It did not award me the six Lollipop Hammers nor the hour of ∞♥ lives.

Well, that was aggravating enough, but I figured I could play some more BH then-next (now this) weekend. Now BH has started back up, and guess what? It still has me showing as just having won Level 5 (all five level ovals checked leading up to the Bubblegum Castle). Bubblegum King says his usual spiel about how the crown looks best on him, but since all five levels are checked, I can’t tap any to play. Tapping any of them does nothing. But neither does it pop up the “Collect Award” to finally let me collect my week-delayed well-earned reward. I not only get nothing for winning last weekend, I’m now pretty much locked out from being able to do anything more than look at the Bubblegum Castle and King, and watch player’s icons taking the throne one at a time, and watch the weekend counter count down (well, presumably — right now it just says “2 days left”)!

Is there any way I can fix this other than by uninstalling and reinstalling the game and wiping my progress? No, I don’t have it synched to Facebook (and have no intentions of doing so — I don’t like that you demand my Friends list and don’t feel that I have the right to give my friends’ info to you or anyone else without their permission — my friends’ privacy is very important to me) nor at King.com (I never knew that was possible until reading it on the site just now while looking for a solution to this). Is there a way to back it up? Would doing so merely also copy the weird BH post-win limbo state that I’m in and not solve the problem?

This is obviously a bug in the game itself arising from a situation your developers never anticipated, namely, that someone would win the BH right as it was ending and be stuck in such a limbo as a result.

Android 4.4.2 “KitKat.”

P.S. I have some suggestions for improving Bubblegum Hill and making it both more fun and addictive for the players and potentially more lucrative for you. What would be the best means of passing along these suggestions?

Answers

• aCe
    aCe Posts: 1,442 Level 2

That was a hell of a read! Personally I think your best bet is to synchronize your game with kingdom (the little orange crown like symbol) You only need an email and a password for this. Then delete the game and add it again. Log back into the kingdom and it should return your progress and hopefully have cleared the conflict with BGH :)

• Joel_R.
    Joel_R. Posts: 10 Level 2
    edited January 2016

That was a hell of a read! Personally I think your best bet is to synchronize your game with kingdom (the little orange crown like symbol) You only need an email and a password for this. Then delete the game and add it again. Log back into the kingdom and it should return your progress and hopefully have cleared the conflict with BGH :)

I was able to solve it on my own by clearing cache (not data — I suspect that would’ve started me over on Level 1) and force-quitting the app. But thanks for the suggestion!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?