Is the game rigged?

Options
Lan_Mol
Lan_Mol Posts: 9 Level 2

I have been playing Candy Crush Soda Saga and I have gotten quite frustrated. Sometimes, I get lucky, but most of the time, I repeatedly fail a level with one ice left to crush to save the bear, one move to get the bear above the candy string, or one move left to eat all the chocolate. Whenever I use boosters, I often end up with a bad board. Sometimes, I nearly combine a color bomb/coloring candy with a special candy, only to find that it activates itself and either destroys a color with only a few candies of that color or it colors only a couple candies on the board. In addition, I usually come close on the first try, especially during hard levels, but the next few tries are very far from reaching the goal. I often spend my money on boosters after being stuck on a level for days, only to find that I fail the level with the boosters anyway. I have heard rumors about an algorithm that rigs the board so you will just barely lose. The fish are often very helpful, but sometimes, I can doubt them. In "Find the Bears", they seem to go for the ice without bears under it before going to break ice that will actually help me. Strangely enough, they're actually pretty smart in "Eat All the Honey". 

Answers

• Wunderbaum
    Wunderbaum Posts: 4,398 Level 5
    Options

Hi Lan!

I believe that some of the levels in Soda are made more difficult by for instance only giving a limited number of a certain candy type. I won't call it rigged but definitely a fact that makes the level more difficult to win.

I've found out that sometimes it can be an advantage to switch between Facebook and tablet (some levels are different on the two platforms - either in target or in level of difficulty)

Sometimes the fish booster looses it target - I've seen that on occasions where another combo cleared the ice. This makes the fish booster shoot on the already cleared target. Other from that I find the fish booster to be very accurate as I can use them to indicate where the bears are hidden.

Other from that I think it boils down to starting a level with a good board. If I'm stuck at a level I normally cool it down for some days, check YouTube on how other players have completed the level and then return with a fresh mindset. This is the medicine that works for me :-)

Cheers!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?