Bubblegum Hill challenge cancelled?

JKawa
JKawa Posts: 4 Newbie

So I've posted reviews on FB, GooglePlay store, sent FB messages, emails, with NO results, and now I'm here. Bubblegum Hill challenge has been my favorite aspect of the game - first, the devs had it running 2-3x per week randomly, with different # of hours time limit: awesome. Then they changed it to once a week, on Monday, for only 24HRs, with a launch time of 0300 (PST time): NOT awesome.

Well, it's Monday now, and there's no challenge available - only the collection competitions which are useless to me since I've been stuck on level 1657 for about a month now. I get that aspects of games are constantly being updated and tweaked, but completely removing content from a game isn't an "update/upgrade" to the gameplay environment, but it IS a great way to lose loyal players.

I'd sincerely appreciate some sort of communication from a representative, especially if it's to say that this challenge has been removed entirely, seeing as I'll be uninstalling to make room on my phone - I'd definitely rather not have to do that since both the original Candy Crush and Digger Saga have both ended up that way for me, but regardless, I'd just like an answer from a real person instead of a bot/automated reponse, thanks!

Best Answer

• JKawa
    Answer ✓

Finally got a response from a rep - apparently it wasn't available this week due to updates on other areas of the game (not exactly sure how that's dependent on a separate aspect of code, unless their code isn't modular [yikes!], but /shrug); however, rep also stated that Bubblegum Hill is NOT a permenant fixture of gameplay, and they could not promise if it would be back. My assumption (and it's only that, just an assumption based off of other threads I've seen users post about the increase fluctuations in the cost of packages) is that it's a monetary move - if you can't earn gold to buy moves, power-ups, etc., and you need them to beat a level, you'll have to buy it. There goes my enthusiasm for this game..

Answers

• JKawa
    Answer ✓

Finally got a response from a rep - apparently it wasn't available this week due to updates on other areas of the game (not exactly sure how that's dependent on a separate aspect of code, unless their code isn't modular [yikes!], but /shrug); however, rep also stated that Bubblegum Hill is NOT a permenant fixture of gameplay, and they could not promise if it would be back. My assumption (and it's only that, just an assumption based off of other threads I've seen users post about the increase fluctuations in the cost of packages) is that it's a monetary move - if you can't earn gold to buy moves, power-ups, etc., and you need them to beat a level, you'll have to buy it. There goes my enthusiasm for this game..

• Kmacmn18
    Kmacmn18 Posts: 1 Newbie

Thanks for pursuing an answer to "Where's the Bubblegum Challenge?". The challenge is one of the main reasons I play Candy Crush Soda. I'm disappointed it's Monday and, again, no challenge.
  • Silvia_Sou
    Silvia_Sou Posts: 2 Newbie

same here!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?