settings changed since update

Options
Lisa
Lisa Posts: 53 Level 2

Ever since Candy Crush  Soda Saga's speed was changed to lightening speed (which is extremely annoying and not even fun to play anymore), I noticed that another change was made as well.  It takes a long time for the game to actually load up when you first start playing.  Then, if you want to play an old level that you previously beat or if you go to overview and choose a previous level, it takes forever for that level to load.  There is a progress bar at the bottom that tells you how far along you are in loading, but after it hits the end, it still doesn't load the game.  It will take several minutes after that for that level to actually come up. 

So, the speed was increased on one end and decreased on another end.  I have tried playing the game with the increased speed to see if its just something that needs to be gotten used to, but I find that I really don't care for it at all.  I feel like I'm being rushed to play and I don't get to see the actual move that I'm making because its done before I can even blink. 

The game's speed is set way to fast and doesn't make for an enjoyable time to play the game, which is what I do when my work stresses me out.  I hope the developers are reading all the many posts from other players on how they do not like the change as well.  This could potentially be a deal breaker in terms of people opting to find another game to play instead of this one. 

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,703 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Hi Lisa, thanks for the feedback. Just out of interest did you try the troubleshooting to see if the changes had messed up your game? Its worth trying to make sure. 

However I am going to pass this over to the moderators :)

https://care.king.com/en/blog/article/is-your-game-crashing-on-an-ios-device

• Lisa
    Lisa Posts: 53 Level 2
    Options

Yes - I did the troubleshooting, but the problem still persists.  When will the game go back to normal speed?  I have been still trying to play the game the way it is and I do not enjoy it at all.  I may just end up not playing it any more, which I really do not want to do as I enjoy the game, and I purchase boosters, etc. while playing the game, but the whole point of playing it is to have fun, and its now no fun at the faster speed.  I hope King takes into account the thousands of other players who feel the same way. 

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,703 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

The unofficial word is that they will listen, but the team don't know how long it will be before it goes back to normal.

Don't give it up, it will go back, even if you have to have a little break :)

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    Options

Hi Lisa,

The speed as well as the bouncing candies (if you have those) are part of a test from the Candy Crush Soda Saga Game Studio. I will take your feedback back to the Studio so the guys can adjust accordingly.

- Mark

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?