Adverts in Soda Saga

Bricorn
Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
edited May 2019 in Discussions
They're a nuisance, but worth spending the time on when you need a boost.  I see them sometimes when playing on Android phone, but never on Windows 10 PC.

Why?

Thanks

Comments

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hey @Bricorn ,

There are two reasons why you might not have a feature like ads in one device, compared to another.

1.- Your device is not up to date or has some connection issue. In that case, usual troubleshooting and updating both the app and the device help fix it.
    2.- Your device is not part of the group that has it. Sometimes, at King, we need to have groups that don't share the same features in order to test them, test their performance and guarantee that they run smoothly and provide the best experience. Sometimes, this is not ideal, since you might not have a feature in a device and have it in another (or a friend of yours might have something you don't).

THIS article from the FAQs explains the situation.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Xarly said:
    Hey @Bricorn ,

There are two reasons why you might not have a feature like ads in one device, compared to another.

1.- Your device is not up to date or has some connection issue. In that case, usual troubleshooting and updating both the app and the device help fix it.
    2.- Your device is not part of the group that has it. Sometimes, at King, we need to have groups that don't share the same features in order to test them, test their performance and guarantee that they run smoothly and provide the best experience. Sometimes, this is not ideal, since you might not have a feature in a device and have it in another (or a friend of yours might have something you don't).

THIS article from the FAQs explains the situation.

Cheers,
    Xarly
    Thanks, PC is fairly new and the app is from the Windows Store, so it should be up to date.  It connects via "log in with Facebook" fine.

I can't say I'm happy with features not being universal, it feels like we're competing, but some have unfair advantages.
  • Xarly
    That's a very valid feedback, and we are addressing that to the studio.

The idea behind it is so that we can check what works best and not just release it to everyone, but this is a very fair point and many players have mentioned it, hence why we are making sure the team is aware of the impact that it can have on their player base.

As always, keep sharing this kind of feedback with us, it really helps us.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    For the past couple of weeks I’ve had the option to play on on a fairly regular basis, by watching an ad.  Then today, nothing.  What happened to the ads?  They were really helpful.
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,638 Sweet Legend
    Hi @candysodacrusher, as our community manager posted above, this is why you might see it today but not have it tomorrow.  They try to make it fair so that all players get them sooner or later.

"Your device is not part of the group that has it. Sometimes, at King, we need to have groups that don't share the same features in order to test them, test their performance and guarantee that they run smoothly and provide the best experience. Sometimes, this is not ideal, since you might not have a feature in a device and have it in another (or a friend of yours might have something you don't).

THIS article from the FAQs explains the situation."

• candysodacrusher
    Ads are back.  Ads are gone.  Ads are back. Ads are gone.  Feeling a bit like a guinea pig here...
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,585 Soda Moderator
    edited June 2019
    I've never seen ads on the iPad! Playing Soda many years and device always up to date. An uneven situation compared to others ...
  • Xarly
    edited October 2019
    Hi both,

I will take this feedback to the team this week. This is something that has been a practice at King and Soda for many years but I can see why you feel this way about it, and it's feedback that we are seeing more and more lately. The idea behind it, keeping things honest and transparent, is, as mentioned other times, to check what works best, to guarantee that bugs and issues are not affecting everyone, etc. This is, however, leading to feelings like yours, @candysodacrusher. Will take this one back to the team for discussion.

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • candysodacrusher
    I totally get the testing of features.  Reason I posted that is that I’ve been playing practically since the game first came out and I’ve seen more “testing of features” (as in things coming and going) in the last four months than I have in the last 5 years.
  • leezahb
    leezahb Posts: 1 Newbie
    This is in relation to the post about the ads giving you extra moves or boosts. I have not had the ads for months now. It was very helpful and it’s discouraging to play when you don’t have that option. Also I used to be given gold bars to buy more lives or moves or boosts. I have now used all gold bars but three which is useless. If your intent is to make me pay money for boosts, lives gold bars or additional moves, it won’t work. I am not paying for anything. If need be I will stay on level 1599 permanently! Even if the little cartoon sends me the message that 216,000 people had to use extra moves to complete the level. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?