Sluggish game

Options
candysodacrusher
candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
edited November 2019 in Support
I play Candy Crush Soda Saga on iPhone.  My game has been acting sluggish.  Almost as if it is in slow motion, except that it sort of hangs up at times.    I’ve closed/opened the app multiple times and also completely turned phone off and restarted it.  Also tried resetting the phone.  App and device are up-to-date. Any suggestions?

Update:  I’ve played around with a few things.  When I turn the cellular data off for the app (just the app) it plays fine.  Turn it back on and it plays sluggish again.  Everything else is working fine.  Not sure whether this is a coincidence or even if it matters, but I’ve not been offered an ad either for a booster or for additional moves since this started.  Prior to this I was getting offers to watch ads regularly.

Best Answer

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @candysodacrusher, the next step is to reinstall the game app if this keeps happening. 

It usually fixes most issues (please note that any progress on the mobile device that has not been synchronized with Facebook/King account at this stage will be lost.

However, all the progress that is currently saved on Facebook/King account can easily be retrieved, once you have reconnected the device successfully). 

Regrettably, you will lose any saved boosters and messages. I would recommend using these up before re-installing, if possible.

As for the Ads, this has been removed from a group of players and we do not know when this option will be back as they need to work on improving it.

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @candysodacrusher, that is very strange.  Even if it's a temporary solution you can play.  I will keep my eyes open here to see if anyone else reports this.  The ads are not working properly so they might have been taken completely off for a fix.
  • candysodacrusher
    Options
    Thanks @Elsa.  It is indeed very strange and it is still happening.  Reminds me of the “old days” when things would slow down because you had too many windows open.  But since everything else is working fine, and it works fine when the cellular data is turned off just for the App, it has to be something related to the app.
  • QueenB
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @candysodacrusher, the next step is to reinstall the game app if this keeps happening. 

It usually fixes most issues (please note that any progress on the mobile device that has not been synchronized with Facebook/King account at this stage will be lost.

However, all the progress that is currently saved on Facebook/King account can easily be retrieved, once you have reconnected the device successfully). 

Regrettably, you will lose any saved boosters and messages. I would recommend using these up before re-installing, if possible.

As for the Ads, this has been removed from a group of players and we do not know when this option will be back as they need to work on improving it.

• Me2Me2
    Me2Me2 Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options
    I to am one of those who stopped getting the option for ads. Feels crazy to request them, but I need extra moves for some levels. Boosters are nice too.
  • candysodacrusher
    Options
    Thanks @QueenB.  I was afraid that reinstalling was going to be the solution.
    Three questions.
    1.  I understand I will lose boosters.  Does this include both the boosters you can select before you start a level and the boosters you can use while playing (lollipops and switches)?
    2.  Will I also lose gold bars?
    3.  How do I make sure I am properly synchronized with my King account?  

Just want to make sure I don’t have any surprises once I start this process.
  • QueenB
    Options
    @candysodacrusher

1. Yes, you will lose all boosters and lives that have been saved as well as the Daily Bonus which will also reset back to day one.

2. You will not lose any Gold bars as these get backed up to our server as your game progress do and to be sure if your progress has been backed up, do you have access to a PC so you can check the game from your Facebook account? 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?