Weekly Contest - No friends but lots of people I don't know

wotdidscoobydo
wotdidscoobydo Posts: 5 Level 2

Why is it with the weekly contest that most of the time, I am against people I do not know and they have already done anything from 6 to 20 levels on day 1. I have over 40 friends who play Candy Crush and occasionally 2 or 3 of them appear in the weekly contest. It's bad enough being part of a team of strangers that don't contribute to the challenges.

Answers

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,688 Sweet Legend

Hello and welcome to this community 😀

You write about Candy Crush and you ended up in Candy Soda. Please note that your game always matches the page, otherwise there will be confusion. I would like to answer your question! The players are chosen at random and it has nothing to do with your friends list. You can only be lucky if there are 2 - 3 players from your friends list. I hope this helps you further!

I hope you enjoy playing! 🤗

I would like to have it moved from @firebombmarkus & @QueenB to Candy Crush. Thank you

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,969 Soda Moderator
    edited February 2020

Hello and welcome to the Community @wotdidscoobydo. If you mean the weekly contest in Soda, when there are extra challenges and events in the game, you can expect to see both your Facebook and other King players and this is intended. Also like @Spinnifix said, if your friends don’t play Soda and you do, you won’t see your friend then. I hope this clarifies.

• FritzFeuerzeug
    FritzFeuerzeug Posts: 1 Newbie

Its already the second time that i didnt got my winnings for the weekly contest. What is going on?

83666974 Posts: 6 Level 2

I have the same problem. The first 2 weeks no problem only my friends and then suddenly it changed??? Also the bonus game vanished!!

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager

In all of our previous Saga games there have always been two separate ways to be socially connected - either through Facebook or the Kingdom. 

Both allow you to easily save your game progress, play across multiple devices or platforms and also send and receive help at Roadblocks, extra lives and other juicy bonuses.  

In Blossom Blast Saga we have integrated these 2 features, so your Facebook friends and Kingdom co-players both appear on the game map. 

If you aren't connected to Facebook then you will only see your randomly assigned Kingdom co-players. These are other people who are also playing the game and you can choose to interact as much or as little with them as you please.

It is completely anonymous and no personal details or information are shared between players. All anyone else will see of you is your avatar and nickname, both of which can be personalised. 

Even if you are Facebook connected you will still be connected to the Kingdom and so will see a mix of other players' avatars alongside your Facebook friends profile pictures.

This means there are always other players on your game map and friends available to give a helping help when needed!

• GraceRoosevelt45
    GraceRoosevelt45 Posts: 1 Newbie

Am new here I love candy crush and I need friends to play with

• ElleS22
    ElleS22 Posts: 1 Newbie

I think this Weekly Contest is rigged. I just tested it....My Friend - who is not a friend whatsoever was at about level 34 when I started playing today...I had all kinds of free tokens and unlimited two hours of play, and was flying through the levels. Like a new level every 30 seconds to 60 seconds (easy when you have all the goodies to play)....but the so-called friend would get THREE levels to my ONE every 30 seconds to 60 seconds. That's impossible because the loading and reloading of the game takes longer. There is no way she got three levels to my one. It's like a ticker is set on my account to up the ante every time I got a new level.

Is there a way to NOT participate in the weekly contest? These screens are annoying - when you just want to play.

• tratelqalam
    tratelqalam Posts: 2,615 Level 5

If you are connected to the Kingdom and to a Facebook account, your friends will be added alongside random people, and these will appear in the competitions randomly, their numbers may vary depending on the addition of the game.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?