What is happening with Candy Crush Soda Saga?

mercerik
mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend

Hi there, @Xarly !

I got 2 hours of Color Bombs this evening which helped me beat Ultra-Hard Level 1105. I was about to play the next level 1106 when I noticed that the Pre-Play Boosters were locked. What is happening? Why are the Boosters Locked?

Comments

• Railfan2007
    Railfan2007 Posts: 43 Level 2

I'd like to know what happened to my Soda Squad? It disappeared on 3/20/2020.

• Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    edited March 2020

Mine too.

Also, the Bubblegum Hill icon now sits over the "how long to a new life" timer - Windows 10 full screen, It moves if I don't use full screen.

@Xarly?

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4

I was quite pleased to see this awful feature gone, hopefully they finally decided to remove it due to its unpopularity. If you guys were also burdened by the Farce, was that removed too or just the SubPar squad?

@mercerik, perhaps it is one of the levels that introduces a new feature and starting with boosters isn’t allowed? I know they exist on vanilla CCS but I’m not sure about this game. Looks like you’re at the beginning of an episode which is the most likely place said level type would be.

• TiffanyR14
    TiffanyR14 Posts: 42 Level 2

I'm sorry but I have no idea what anyone of y'all are doing I play soda also never heard of a squad. I'm in getting close to level 2,000 I still have no idea what the game is capable of doing yet I just saw y'all's posts and I feel like I'm really not sure IAM 48 yrs old and I have a college degree and I feel like I'm in kindergarten on the computer I can play on I'll just be asking questions that a child could probably answer. Thanks oh a question I have no idea where the emoji are on this message thing. Help me out.

• TiffanyR14
    TiffanyR14 Posts: 42 Level 2

Why are you saying body is to short what do I do to fix this problem I have no idea what to do help

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4

You’re lucky then! The SubPar squad is an awful feature that forces you onto a “team” of other random players. The “team” accumulates points by passing levels and episodes and signing in daily. In my experience(and almost everyone else’s) with it over the last year you wind up doing all the work while the “teammates” do nothing and share in the meager “rewards”. It’s set up so you never reach the last one but honestly the “rewards” are crap anyway. The feature basically just serves to waste time after each completed level.

• mercerik
    edited March 2020

Hi Everyone!

I created this thread to get an answer to my question why my Pre-Play Boosters were locked right after getting 2 Hours of Color Bombs and beating a Super Hard Level (correcting myself for saying Ultra-Hard).1105. In as much as I want to, I don't play Soda as often as I should mainly because I find this game more difficult than the original Candy Crush Saga. For this reason alone, I might not be personally totally or completely updated on why these Pre-Play Boosters were locked. I could have messaged @Xarly but I opted to post this inquiry in the Community to enlighten those who are in the dark like me.

To those of you who would like to see the Super Hard Level 1105, the first game that I played after receiving my Daily Booster Reward, below is the video of my completed level. When I post a video I also include the rewards so you'll see what happens when you beat a level and what you get.

Hope this helps!

Candy Crush Soda Saga Level 1105 | SUPER HARD LEVEL | 2-Star ⭐⭐

GOAL: Spread The Jam Everywhere! 1/75 In 31 Moves.

Date Played & Recorded: March 20, 2020

Device & Version: Windows 10 Candy Crush Soda Saga App

• BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    edited March 2020

Hello everyone! Let me see if I can clear up a few questions for you all! 🙂

@mercerik, I can confirm that the restriction you are seeing is intended for that particular level. Fear not, once you pass the level you will regain access to your boosters. 😉 It should be noted though, timed boosters will continue to count down while you play the level.

@Railfan2007, is this the only game feature you are missing? It is normal for test features to disappear from time to time. That being said, I have seen numerous reports today of Soda Squad disappearing, so it is possible the Soda Saga team has removed the feature due to technical problems.

@TiffanyR14, Welcome to the Community! You will find the emojis at the bottom left of the reply window (it's the first icon in the line of four). As for your question about the "body" of your posts, it could be that you have not entered enough text in the reply window. For instance, if you are trying to upload a screenshot, you may also have to type something in the reply window before submitting.

**Edited to make a correction.

• mercerik

@BeckyBubblegum !

In an Ideal World, maybe but not in a Real World. My almost 2 hours of Color Bombs did not come back and I can confirm that it didn't. 👾 

• BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    edited March 2020

@mercerik,

My apologies! I didn't intend to mislead you. You will regain access to your stash of boosters, but any ACTIVE boosters (ones that are timed) will continue to count down while you play the level. I should have been more specific in my answer, and I have gone back and edited my original post so as not to confuse anyone in the future. I am so sorry to have disappointed you. 😞

You have brought up a very valid point. In an ideal world, timed boosters would not count down while you are stuck on a restricted level. I believe this is something King should take into consideration. Perhaps you or I should raise this concern in the feedback thread: If you could change a thing in the game what would it be?

Thank you for pointing this out!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?