Gold Pins

candysodacrusher
candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3

Just wondering why the gold pins disappear and then reappear in my game. Sometimes the ones from previous levels show, and then they disappear for a while, and eventually come back.

Comments

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4

Oh, don’t worry about those, they’re useless and have no bearing on anything. You’ll notice gameplay is the same regardless of whether they are there or not, and in fact they serve no purpose at all that I have seen. Weird that they exist at all when they don’t grant rewards to the player.

• candysodacrusher

Yes, they aren’t worth anything, however I have been playing the game on two different platforms—my old game that I have played since “day one” and my new game that I’ve been playing for about 6 months. So I’ve been doing some comparisons between the two. Comparing the gold pins I earn in each episode is one of the things I’ve been looking at. It’s been interesting. In my new game I’m “almost” caught up to where I was a year ago in my old game. Basically this is my own personal experiment to look at the extent to which the new features/events have changed the game.

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,670 Sweet Legend

Hello and welcome to this community

Since I have to translate, I don't quite understand what the gold needles are supposed to be. Can you please explain it to me in more detail or take a picture?

Then I could help you better. thank you

• candysodacrusher

When you pass a level on the first try the map shows that level in gold. I passed level 3523 on the first try, but not level 3522.

• Spinnifix

Hello and welcome to this community

Thanks for the photo. You mean the golden crown - golden level. Yes, if you can do it at once, they will turn golden. Otherwise not. If they are always away and then reappear, it's not that bad. You can ignore that. But I still want to ask you. That you update your game to the latest version and clear the cache and restart. Then problems could be avoided.

Do that every now and then. Please...

• candysodacrusher

Thank you for the suggestion. I do keep the game on both devices up to date and this has only happened in one of the games. Whenever it has happened, the gold pins show up on their own within a day or so. It’s only the gold pins I’ve earned on prior visits to the game that disappear. If I pass I new level on the first try, it will show up in gold. Not a big deal, but since it was only happening in the one game, I was thinking that it might be something the studio was experimenting with.

• Spinnifix

Hi!

Can that be because you have an older device? Then it could happen. Please keep up to date and clear the cache. This is important!!

• candysodacrusher

Nope. It’s a new iPad purchased in November.

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4

Oh, so you’re comparing sheer luck between two different installations of the game? What an odd thing to track. Success in this game is measured solely upon the placement of the starting boosters and the player’s ability to accrue hammers in BGH which has just been removed apparently. I still have the daily quests and as such have a huge advantage over players that have been burdened by the farce, I’m assuming your original account also has this? Otherwise, what’s the point of comparing games that have the same features...

• candysodacrusher

One might say that being safer at home for the past two months has caused one to do some odd things... 😉

Comparing sheer luck might be one way to put it, but I also happen to think that there’s at least some skill involved, along with, for lack of a better way to put it, how kind the algorithms are to the player.

I have expressed in other posts my thoughts that the changes in the game have made the game easier for new players and more difficult for veteran players. I realized I had a chance to test my theory when I acquired a new device. So, I now have two games to play. The new game is MUCH easier than it was the first time around. It has taken me only 6 months to finish around 70% of what it took five years to do, and that’s dividing my playing time between two games.

At this point, the only difference in the features is that I have Kimmy’s Arcade in the new game, but not the old game.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?