Fish suddenly being SHADY!? My idea on why, as well!

Options
Tiffer
Tiffer Posts: 4 Newbie

The fish have always been as an uncertain friend or foe but suddenly, two days ago, they DRAMATICALLY changed their behavior for me! Where they were so-so at best before (though I'd actually seen some improvement to their "intelligence" as of late!), they are now suddenly straight-up blind and idiotic!

The past five levels I've played (I realize that my results would be more accurate if I used data from a larger number of levels completed but math and I aren't exactly BFF's, plus I don't have that much time or patience haha) I painstakingly tried to figure out the percentage of fish that go to already-completed spots as well as fish that would all go to the same spot together (a grouo of three or more). I'm fairly certain I didn't make too many counting or configuring mistakes to end up with a Fishy-Fail percentage of 78%.

That's OVER 3/4's of the time that the fish fail!

It was also glaringly obvious that in levels where I actually needed to really rely on them because that's how the level was set up, they behaved WAY WORSE.

As I say in my post title, this is SHADY with how sudden their behavior changed, especially because it coincides with when I began getting in-game pop-up's to install their other games, as well as coming right after I received multiple days worth of infinitely free games last week.

It's almost as though they were buttering me up so that when they threw up their upcoming pop-up's at me, I'd hopefully say "Why not?" and install them. And, to pay for giving people days of infinitely free games, they changed the fish coding so that people would need to use more items, fail more often and subsequently, hopefully for King, spend more money.

I'm not the type to lend much credit to conspiracies...I'm not often paranoid. But this just seems like I may actually be in to something here.

And I'm NOT okay with it.

Best Answers

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    Answer ✓
    Options

Welcome back to the Friendly King Community's Candy Crush Soda Saga forum.

We got some reports about the fish and we informed our team. I am going to report the problem to my team once again and hopefully we will get some good news soon.

Thank you.

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,035 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Welcome to the Community, @Tiffer !

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

I can assure you this behavior of the fish is not intended, and that we'll try to get more information on this. We'll ask the Studio and let you know what we can find out 🤗

If you could send us some screenshots of even a gif or a video recording where we can see the fish acting this way, it would be very helpful for the Studio to find the reason and a possible solution.

Thanks a lot!!

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,748 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hi all. A member had proposed an idea about the fish HERE. So @Kattra of King had replied they were investigating it:

Kattra

Kingster

Hi there Soda-fam! 

We hear you about the unruly fishes, we're actually working on a solution right now to ensure they are better behaved in the future. Stay tuned and keep fishing! ;)

February 17

I’ve asked her/him? again about the fish but no reply. I’ve noticed my fish were swimming to a CB and not to the last tile to be cleared 🙁 (too bad I’m not able to make a video)

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,035 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @Yosca !

Yes, they are always trying to improve every feature 🤗

Also bear in mind that -due to it’s free-thinking swimming- fish don't always go exactly to the spot you’re hoping for but them do clear something on the board which contributes to your overall success. Similar to the Lollipop Hammers not being as useful as the Striped Lollipop Hammers, they don’t give the best results all the time - they’ll pick something off that needs removing.

One really good thing about the Fish is, you can ‘make’ these boosters in the game, by matching Candies in a square, so no purchases required!!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?