Watching an Ad to Start a Level with Boosters

Options
jason313
jason313 Posts: 80 Level 2

Hello! I've noticed that in Candy Crush Soda, I'm not receiving the feature prior to starting a level that allows you to watch an ad to start a level with a booster. Although a person I know who plays the game as well does have the feature, it does not show up on mine. When I play Candy Crush Jelly, the feature does show up, but not on Soda. Is it an event that comes and goes (do random people receive the feature and not others and then shuffles so that the other players receive it after a certain amount of time), or is it a feature that remains in the game all the time? Thanks!

Answers

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@jason313 Hi and welcome, The video ads feature is a bonus feature and is not always guaranteed to be in your game, It is given to groups of randomly selected people, so this just means your not in that group at present but you could be again in the future. It can also be missing due to temporary problems

To make sure your getting the features available to you check your game is up to date and log out and restart your device , then log back in. regularly do this to keep your game as up to date as possible

Thank you

• Werner_Cichy
    Werner_Cichy Posts: 29,290 Crushing Legend
    Options

Unfortunately not all players get it and those who do get it only have it temporarily. It comes and goes. It is possible that you will get it at some point. Always check your game for updates

• Origins7_Dale
    Origins7_Dale Posts: 3,551 Pro Player 👑
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @jason313 @Pitty_Kitty,

Believe the event your referring too, is called:

• Sweet Cinema

I personally have never had it. But think our other *Soda Game Expert @Pitty_Kitty has had it in the past. Yes, on any *Bonus Event or *Mini / Side Game, they can come or go. They are distributed by King to various players, for testing purposes, or to see if the players like or dislike it.

I also recommend to the players, if you want *New Features in your game. The best way is to, *Switch Up. Meaning, if on *Mobile / Phone, then go to PC. If on PC, go to *Mobile / Phone. Because the more devices you use to play King Games on, then your chances of perhaps getting a *New Feature or *Bonus, goes up. The first test is, will the game work on this device, the other tests come later. No guarantee you will get them, but your percentages should go up, on it.

If you use more than 1 device, be sure to *Sync them up. Will get everything you had on the 1st one, being placed on the other device/s. Levels, Gold, Boosters, etc... If you use *Facebook, be sure that is *Synced with King, for the *Free Lives from friends.

Trust this helps.

Thx For Posting & Welcome To The King Community - Origins7 Dale, 😀

2/11/2021

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hi @Origins7_Dale @jason313 😃

Yes, I have it sometimes. Always on my Android mobile, never on w10 pc. It comes and goes randomly. it usually appears 3 or 4 times straight within an episode and then disappears and reappears weeks later for another episode. So from what I see it's likely the feature "visits" different groups of players in different periods of time

• jason313
    jason313 Posts: 80 Level 2
    Options

So it seems it's up to luck if certain players receive the feature or not. Just curious though, does the feature that allows you to watch an ad to receive additional moves at the end of the level part of the same bonus feature as watching an ad to start with boosters?

Also, does not updating the game stop any bonus features and new events from appearing once I'm one of the players who is able to receive them? Thanks!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?