Profile picture on King apps

Lou_Lange
Lou_Lange Posts: 16 Level 2

I just recently changed my profile photo on Facebook and logged out of each game I play (Candy Crush and Can Crush Soda) then hit the button to reconnect to Facebook and it brings up an old picture. I have done clear cache, clear data etc. all to no avail.

Any solutions would be appreciated.

Answers

• malikaleena
    malikaleena Posts: 502 Level 3

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,805 Soda Moderator

Hello @Lou_Lange

On October 24, Facebook made a change to its platform which means that some players might experience issues showing Facebook avatars in their game. 

We’re aware of this issue and we’re working quickly behind the scenes to get your game back to normal.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause, but please rest assured that this does not impact gameplay in any way.

When we have a fix it will automatically be applied to your game, so please remain patient and keep your game updated.

This is still an issue so you could create a King account:

• Open the game on your device and tap the Settings button down in the bottom left-hand corner
    • Tap the orange and yellow King icon
    • Choose your avatar and nickname
    • Enter your email address
    • Choose a password and head on back to the game, it's as simple as that!

Don't forget to save your email and password, because if you don't save your profile you won't be able to recover it in future!

You now have a safe and secure King account with all your progress backed up. You'll see fellow King players on your game map who'll be happy to help out if you ask for extra lives.

Next you sync your Facebook and King account:

Are you connected to your game both in Facebook and with a King account? Want to sync the two? No problem! Here's how:

• Go to this page: https://king.com/games 
    • In the top-right corner, click "Log in" (If you are already logged in, it will say "Settings", in which case skip the next two steps)
    • In the top-right corner, click "Settings"
    • Choose the option "Account", then down at the bottom select "Score and progression sync"
    • Select "Sync progress" and you will be asked to log in to your Facebook account.

And that's it! Your progress will be synced across both your King and Facebook accounts.

Please note: your progress and Gold Bars will be synced across all accounts and all signed-in devices, but other items like Boosters are stored on your device and are not synced. 

Hope this helps.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?