How would you like to add your friends to your game?

Options
LadyRaffie
LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager

Hello Sodalicious people! 

You know we are improving how to add friends to your game

Today we want to ask you 

👉In your ideal world, how would you like to add your friends to your game?

We want to make it easier for you to add your friends, so share with us your thoughts! 

Vote and comment!

💫 No account yet? Sign up here in 2 seconds!

How would you like to add your friends to your game? 361 votes

Suggested friends
52%
Beth_Mc_HughTreston__StanleyKerrieSonnyDaautz1jackskellingtonmarissesoniaxxkeebs1113toiaPoutsyjillcortensMacondo_20Sinageorge94Geminikimbellaellis6455paolarevueltaYasmeensalama93EPLTleaf70 189 votes
Clicking on avatar
29%
Rafinha_CostaSabrina-10Sukanta_BiswasAlexandra_TangPat_C._HarkeyApplejacsYoscabearwithmeHell66WolftoroJane1968karensue4christina48198Pitty_KittyBrühWürfelPcjMountainMomNenikapakimelissa35cruzajbewas 107 votes
Sharing link
7%
Jaqueline_EgberstcreeFCrone73shafer223JaySabonepaularae56IamRAWKEYLedileunknownh24gAviaeNeyloveRingo2510greenashley571cato67Rita3644alislamiisyssiprncs2016Alan83devcircus 27 votes
Sharing a code number
8%
Andres-2Yorben_GoereeBoybinarypeggyvereenKhaylaPedersenDieOmiminamal_butt_01Nix66beanragsrebelchildmlW2901Heather_LoveJose65_6COUNTRYBOY1986ElleJay7EdaKittymarge1101Dakramer1967_Shuga_BearJoseAlberto13 31 votes
Other* Please explain (Use your imagination, everything is possible! )
1%
Bricorn1nonlyVRRrog10br92Monaviefrikafratrichardsim39Marcus90 7 votes

Comments

• LadyRaffie
    LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager
    Options

Tagging our amazing Mods

• shafer223
    shafer223 Posts: 265 Pro Player 👑
    Options
    Sharing link

Ty for the tag @Nix66

Voted

I voted with the link I can copy and drop anywhere fast and easy

• Alexandra_Tang
    Alexandra_Tang Posts: 635 Level 4
    Options
    Clicking on avatar

Voted and think it's easier just to click on it

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 152,400 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Options

Thank you for your tagging all of Soda Players. Well done! @Nix66 👍😄

So interesting! 😃

• Nenikapaki
    Nenikapaki Posts: 31,657 Level 5
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Clicking on avatar

Hello @LadyRaffie . Thanks for tagging me @Nix66 .

Voted ✅✍️

• Hell66
    Hell66 Posts: 762 Pro Player 👑
    Options
    Clicking on avatar

Hi @LadyRaffie 🙋‍♀️

Thanks for the tag @Nix66 🙏

I voted for

🟦 clicking on the avatar

I think it’s the easiest

Have a great day and stay safe!

🙏🥰

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,197 Soda Moderator
    Options
    Clicking on avatar

I would like to vote for 2 options @LadyRaffie 😅

I would like to share a code number but a downside is that the code is only valid for 24 hours. That is 1 vote

When the validity of the code has expired, it should also be possible to click on an avatar to become friends. That’s vote 2

So 2 votes 🤗

• namal_butt_01
    namal_butt_01 Posts: 1,935 Level 4
    Options
    Sharing a code number

Codes

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Options
    Clicking on avatar

Ohh I have a lot to say

I prefer to click avatars and use personal codes. I picked the avatar option because I added many more friends that way since the introduction, over 200 friends. So that's great. 🤩

Please don't replace the personal code with a link. Even if I think the personal could be improved a bit to be more user friendly it's still way more user friendly that sharing a link. Because:

• the code is smaller and it's easier to check if you copy-pasted it wrong unlike a link
    • to copy or type the code in the app is immediate. In Saga, when you have a link to click, you have to hope the app opens the link which is not immediate. Plus the link works for mobile apps and not w10 apps. Not sure if they're going to rectify this. I like to finally have the ability to add friends in Saga but adding friends is simpler on Soda.

That being said, I'd suggest this:

• Extend shelf life of a personal code from 24 hours to 1 week if possible. It gets a bit messy when you share codes on social platforms/forums
    • Add an icon/symbol on players' avatars who have not been sent a request yet. For example a little "+" symbol on a corner. This way players are aware or reminded that they can send friendship requests through avatars. This would be a good way to add "suggested players" but in my opinion it needs to be more visibile. I noticed most of the newbies on the community don't know this method.

Ok, my novel is finished. Thank you for the attention 🤗

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?