Why aren’t my FB and King.com accounts synced?

Julie_Wisner
Julie_Wisner Posts: 4 Newbie

I would like to know why it states that my FB account and King.com accounts are synced. But when I login to my King.com account it is not synced to the same level that I am on logged in with FB. I have been in contact with customer help, but nothing they have suggested so far has worked. Please help.

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator

Hello @Julie_Wisner and welcome to Soda community!

let's see if we can understand what's going on 😃

Are you back to level 1 in one account while the account shows the correct progress?

Where do you play Soda exactly? On Facebook webpage? On Soda app download from the app store? Both?

Do you use 1 device only? Which devices do you use?

How did you link the 2 accounts to sync progress if you remember?

Do you see a connection error message when you visit profile settings in your Soda app?

Thank you

• Julie_Wisner
    Julie_Wisner Posts: 4 Newbie

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I think the problem is that at one point I was playing the game with husband’s Facebook account and it shows that I am on level 140. When I play on my account with the same email address logged in through my Facebook, I am on level 6520 or higher. Sorry I forget what the actual is. So maybe when I tried to sync accounts it saved the progress from my husband’s Facebook account with my email address. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if it doesn’t. I am hoping I can just delete that account and try to sync again. I hope that it can be fixed without having to lose all of my high scores extra with a manual restart of the game with the help of customer support. I have put so much into this game.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator

Hello @Julie_Wisner

Thank you for providing more infos. Ok, at first I understood you had a King account (simply email+password) and Facebook account (FB credentials) that didn't sync (properly) and show the same level.

But this seems more a merged accounts problem to me. When 2 different gaming accounts are used on the same Soda app and same device and not 2 devices, there is a chance that they merge. You see your progress but the email belongs to the other account. Is this what happened?

If that's the case, unfortunately once they merged they cannot be separated by the player or even Player Support. so to get back to your own progress on a separate account, indeed you or your husband (whoever lost their correct progress after the merge) should create a new one with a new email address and contact Player Support so they can manually restore the progress. You're right, if progress is manually restored by Player Support, the highscores won't be restored. I'm really sorry but there are no other solutions if 2 accounts get merged into one 😔

It's very risky to use 2 accounts on the same device so if you really can't avoid it, at least make sure to always do this next time:

• log out
    • clear cache of device and the platform you use to play on. So Facebook webpage or Soda app, especially if you play on an Android device. (read here for more info). The temporary data of the previous account need to be deleted. You shouldn't lose boosters when you clear cache
    • restart device

Hope this helps 🙂

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?