Candy crush soda app won’t open. The app icon is black and white instead of the coloured one.

moomin9
moomin9 Posts: 5 Level 2

Please can you advise what to do. I’ve tried the App Store and when I click on open, nothing happens.

Thanks, Vicki

anthony.gallagher@virgin.net

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator

Hello @moomin9 and welcome to Soda community!

Let's see if we can understand what's going on🤗

please check out this guide first and let me know if it solves the issue.

If it doesn't, please provide these infos:

• what device do you use? (make and model)
    • what is the latest version of your device operating system (example: iOS 15.5, Android 11)? you can find this info in your device settings.
    • what is the latest version of Soda app installed in your device (example: 1.214.5)? you can find this info in your app store
    • does your device have at least 2 GB of free storage?

IMPORTANT: please remove your email address from your post for your protection and privacy. To edit your post, you have less than 24 hours. Click on the cogwheel icon at the top right and click "edit". Remove the email and then save the comment.

Thanks

• moomin9

Hi,

i am using an iPad mini. The latest iOS update is 12.5.5 and the latest Candycrush saga is 1.214.5

I’ve only just signed up today but I’ve been playing for years and an on level 3,000 and something!

I have plenty of storage.

Thanks,

Vicki

• Pitty_Kitty

Hello @moomin9 !

thanks for the infos

do you still see the problem after you make sure Soda app and App store are closed in the background, clear cache of Safari on your device and restart device?

• moomin9

I’ve tried all of those things. I could delete the app and reinstall, but as I’m on level 3,299 (or around that) as moonin9, I don’t want to start again! I hadn’t saved progress.

If you could check my progress and save then find my level I’d be happy to reinstall.

Thanks,

Vicki

• Pitty_Kitty

Unfortunately, I can't save your progress for you. You're right, if you do reinstall the app you'll probably fix this issue but you'll lose your levels (and boosters) if you weren't using an account to save your progress up to this point.

However, if you reinstall the app and then it works fine you can create a King account (email+password). After that, you can contact Player Support directly from the app so they can restore your levels manually. I can't restore your levels for you, I'm sorry.

Contact Player Support: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "my game progress"- "how do I save progress"- scroll down and click "contact us". Please be sure to select "Problems with my Game" and then "Game didn't save", add your current level and send.

If you bought items but you couldn't use them and you still have the transactions receipts, you may ask Player Support for a refund. Read here for more info

Good Luck

IMPORTANT: please remove your email address from your initial post for your protection and privacy. To edit your post, you have less than 24 hours. Click on the cogwheel icon at the top right and click "edit". Remove the email and then save the comment.

Thanks

• kenix80
    kenix80 Posts: 2 Newbie

My ipad air ios 12.5.5 also keep crashing & cannot open since yesterday. Please help

• Pitty_Kitty

Hello @kenix80 and welcome !

Does the problem still persist?

did you check this guide to see if it helps?

do you still see the problem after you make sure Soda app and App store are closed in the background, clear cache of Safari on your device and restart device?

Let me know thanks!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?