Adding friends

Kat2n12
Kat2n12 Posts: 8 Level 2

When I click on social it brings up my friends on the game and inbox, if I click on "Invited Friends" I get this a box mentioning contacts using mail or one note instead of my code and a place to add other friend codes like everyone is talking about. Windows 10 through the app, says it's updated. Sorry it won't allow me to post links yet, so I can't post the screen I'm talking about.

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited April 2022

Hello @Kat2n12 !

Unfortunately for windows 10 players, the use of the link to invite other players is more complicated in comparison with mobile players' use of the link. The problem has been reported but we don't have updates about it yet

If you're able to open the link with your email app and see the message containing the link in your email draft, you can copy the message from the email draft and paste it wherever you want. You don't need to send the email

If you use onenote to open the link, then you can copy the message from there but you need to paste it on Word program first and then copy from there and paste it wherever you want. I personally tested onenote and it's not able to give you a clickable link if you copy directly from onenote. I don't know the reason why onenote behaves like that

This discussion we players had about this topic may be interesting for you

And unfortunately, windows 10 users are able to share the personal link to other people but not click on someone else's link to add them. It is a problem that still needs to be solved.

So the easiest way to add friends in Windows 10 app is clicking on avatars of the random players you're paired with when you play events like Soda team, "4 in a row", episode race, weekly contest. You can click on "add friend" button, this way a friend request will be sent to them and you just need to wait for them to accept it.

More infos here

do ask if you need more clarifications 🤗

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 17,053 Soda Moderator

Welcome to the Community @Kat2n12

In Social Hub you can send a friend request in 2 ways. When you click on "Invite Friends" you can share a link with others. You’ll see this:

You can also make a friend request by clicking on an avatar of other players that you see in e.g. Episode Race, 4 in a Row, Teams etc. Then some people see a code that you can share. Others (like me) don't see this anymore and a friend request is automatically sent to the other.

You see this:

Click on “Add friend” and you can see this:

You can find more info here.

Hope this helps. If you need more help, please reply below.

Good luck making friends 🤗

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?